Canada Day -July 1 in Montreal?

baggal

I just realized we'll be in Montreal on Friday, July 1, which I believe, is Canada Day. Our cruise leaves the next day, on Saturday. We planned to arrive on Thursday and spend the two days in Montreal.

What can we expect?

Many thanks.

There will lots of activities for Canada day ( music, entertainment and Kid's playground) in the port area , a parade downtown Montreal for that day and fireworks at night. More activities will occur in the capital Ottawa which is about 2.5 hours drive. Offices such as banks will be closed but stores for tourists will be open. Should you need special info or guidance, please let me know.

There will lots of activities for Canada day ( music, entertainment and Kid's playground) in the port area , a parade downtown Montreal for that day and fireworks at night. More activities will occur in the capital Ottawa which is about 2.5 hours drive. Offices such as banks will be closed but stores for tourists will be open. Should you need special info or guidance, please let me know.

Thanks for your response. In light of the parades, special events, etc., would you recommend choosing a downtown hotel or one near Old Montreal? If the parade is anything like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC with closed streets and huge crowds, I think we may be better off staying away from downtown. We're in our mid 60's, and aren't traveling with children. We're looking for a 4 star hotel. I'm uncomfortable in crowds.

Thanks again.

Hi. In my experience, the parade would not be as BIG and not as LONG as the one from Macy's and the crowd would be much less. A downtown hotel or one in Old Montreal will be OK. Any help with hotels options or else lmk.

The Montreal International Jazz fest will be on. Definitely a crowd scene. You could buy tickets for one of the concerts at Place des Arts, rather than attend a free street concert.

f you don't like crowds, a Sherbrooke Street hotel , the Omni, Ritz, Sofitel would be a good choice. Just remember, Sherbrooke is a very long street and you want to be in the section that is right downtown.

Hi. In my experience, the parade would not be as BIG and not as LONG as the one from Macy's and the crowd would be much less. A downtown hotel or one in Old Montreal will be OK. Any help with hotels options or else lmk.

DH would like to stay at a hotel where he can use a loyalty card for points. He's looking at the LeCentre Sheraton or the Marriott Montreal Chateau Champlain. What do you think?

Thanks,