MSC in Asia?

Love2Cruz2015

Does anyone know if MSC will be having any itineraries in Asia, specifically China & Japan in the near future? I know it's an emerging market, but RC has put their newer ships in that area, and other other American cruise lines have already been sailing out ...so wondering if MSC will be following suit.

I'm planning on doing an Asian cruise for a milestone birthday in a couple of years and and if I enjoy my cruise in June, MSC may be worth a look.

MSC is sending Lirica to Asia but she will be reserved to the Asian market and can't be booked from Europe or USA. In Italy MSC's chairman has said that the second Meraviglia ship will be designed for the Asian market so I think that MSC will grow in that area in the future, but will be Asian only cruises (exactly as Costa does)

MSC is sending Lirica to Asia but she will be reserved to the Asian market and can't be booked from Europe or USA. In Italy MSC's chairman has said that the second Meraviglia ship will be designed for the Asian market so I think that MSC will grow in that area in the future, but will be Asian only cruises (exactly as Costa does)

That could be why I only saw ONE cruise available for booking. It was for an April 2016 voyage and I think it was the Lirica but not positive.

I'm not going until 2019, hopefully, they will offer up these Asian itineraries to Americans as well...otherwise I will probably do RCL as they have the Quantum (and possible another new build) that will be based in Asia.