Switch from Deck 6 to Deck 12 on Liberty?

We are on Liberty in May. We booked an E2 on Deck 6 (6346) but I've been kind of worried about the noise. We've never been on an RCI ship with a Royal Promenade (we've only been on Serenade on RCI but on many other HAL, Princess and Carnival ships). I'm a very light sleeper so I called to ask if it was possible to move within our category to a quieter location.

She offered us 1838 on Deck 12. I can't find much info on that stateroom except it is one of the rooms added on during the drydock, but that's all I know.

Does anyone else have any other information? Do you think it will be quieter than the room on Deck 6?

Thanks!

Robin

We are on Liberty in May. We booked an E2 on Deck 6 (6346) but I've been kind of worried about the noise. We've never been on an RCI ship with a Royal Promenade (we've only been on Serenade on RCI but on many other HAL, Princess and Carnival ships). I'm a very light sleeper so I called to ask if it was possible to move within our category to a quieter location.

She offered us 1838 on Deck 12. I can't find much info on that stateroom except it is one of the rooms added on during the drydock, but that's all I know.

Does anyone else have any other information? Do you think it will be quieter than the room on Deck 6?

Thanks!

Robin

I would not be worried at all with the noise on six. You are in a great location near the elevators, and there is a wall and corridor separating you from them. The hump is one of my favorite places on Freedom class ships. You will have easy access to the promenade for coffee, shops, etc., but you are over guest services, so noise shouldn't be a problem.

I don't know about the cabin on 12, since I have not been on Liberty since the drydock changes. It looks like they put the new cabins on what was the the running track, so folks will be diverted down a level to continue their laps. Not sure how that, if at all, would affect you.

Hope that helps you a little!

There is no problem with noise on deck 6, even on the hump close to the elevators. It's our preferred floor since we spend more time on decks 4 and 5 than the upper decks. Personally, I would not book the new deck 12 forward cabins.