Brittania Cabins

MisterP61

Hi Everyone.

Am looking to go to the Fyords with P&O,

I am trying to find what the best deck to go on with the Britannia. Was thinking of a Balcony cabin on deck C or D.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Andy

Balconys are the same size pretty much throughout the ship. There is a smallish overhang from midships to the aft over A deck, which also affects lower decks to a lesser extent. However I would recommend a cabin nearer the forward lifts that have stairs as well rather than midships where there are no stairs. Also it's worth the very small premium to get a balcony cabin with sofa, not so much for the sofa but these are about 2 feet longer and have 2 bedside cabinets instead of one. When we booked it was only around £20pp more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkbe6a2b4d3349e37a12ec5384371d353c.jpg

5d60daeba194556e200794643f85daaa.jpg

50a9411393fe5328e04e2cfcd21b10b5.jpg

Edited by kevinyork

Are JE cabins are obstructed or are they a clear view ?

JE is an obstructed grade. The obstruction varies from the top of the lifeboat up to the bar on the balcony to having a lifeboat support.

We have an aft balcony booked for the Fjiords this summer on Britannia, The same cabin we had last year. The balcony is a little bigger than standard, has a sofa and is handy for the aft lifts and the buffet. Really quiet with no through traffic too.

Our cabin was on D Deck.

:)

On our first two cruises we booked a cabin with a picture window, not a port hole. They were OK but we decided to try a balcony. Would now never have anything else. We are on Britannia in September and I know the balcony will be small but there is nothing like standing outside when arriving or leaving a port, it all adds to the cruising experience. Our best ever experience was on a Princess cruise from Quebec down the east coast of America. We were cruising into New York early morning, I set my alarm for 6.30, pulled back the curtains and sat up in bed waiting, all of a sudden the Statue of Liberty came into view - amazing. We had been to New York before but this was so special. We dashed on to the balcony and everywhere we looked other passengers were enjoying the same experience. Of course not all port arrivals are spectacular, but usually very interesting. Enjoy.

Wow that really does sound amazing! It doesn't bother me that the balcony will be small, there is only me and my daughter travelling so we don't need a lot of space. We are looking forward to being able to watch the sunrise and sunset from our balcony. 😀