New Cancellation Policies effective 4/3/16 already showing on reservations!

TRAVELBABE1

I just went online to cancel my cruise at 78 days out, and the website was showing penalties due. :mad: When I checked this morning, the reservation clearly indicated that I needed to cancel at least 75 days out (by 4/4/16) to avoid penalties. However, because Celebrity has a new 90 day cancellation policy going into effect on 4/3/16, my online booking had been changed sometime this afternoon to show penalties being assessed because I didn't cancel by 3/20/16.

I was able to call & resolve the issue, but I don't like that my reservation was modified without my permission. The agent on the phone confirmed that if I had cancelled online, the computer would have assessed the shown penalty, and I would have been out my deposit.

Reservations should indicate the terms of the original booking!!! If they can change terms, how can there be any confidence that they aren't changing perks or price? The confirmation email mentions price but not terms or perks.

It's showing up online as retroactive. You have to call for them to tell you it's not!

I just checked the policy and am copying it below,:

Effective 4/3/16 all sailings will include a new Cancellation Policy and Penalty Schedule for any new Individual Reservations or Group Shells.

Including Holiday Sailings & Cruisetours

Cruise Length Days Prior to Departure Charges per Person

1 to 4 Nights 75 Days or more No charge

74 to 57 days Deposit amount

56 to 29 days 50% of Total Fare (taxes, fees & port expenses excluded)*

28 to 15 days No refund except for taxes and fees

5 Nights or longer 14 days or less No refund except for taxes, fees and port expenses

90 days or more No charge

89 to 57 days Deposit Amount

56 to 29 days 50% of Total Fare (taxes, fees and port expenses excluded)*

28 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare (taxes, fees and port expenses excluded)*

14 days or less No refund except for taxes, fees and port expenses

*Or deposit amount, whichever is greater

Individual Reservations Policy

All Individual Reservations bookings created on or before 4/2/16 will retain the current payment and penalty schedule.

All Individual Reservations bookings created on or after 4/3/16 will follow the new final payment/penalty schedule.[/SIZE]

Individual Reservations Policy

All Individual Reservations bookings created on or before 4/2/16 will retain the current payment and penalty schedule.

All Individual Reservations bookings created on or after 4/3/16 will follow the new final payment/penalty schedule.[/SIZE][/font]

Yep, that's what the policy says, but it's not what my reservation reflects! Thus, the warning...

Just checked my booking. In one place it shows the 75 day policy, but in another (online check-in and in the payment details) it reflects the 90 day policy. There is NO explanation anywhere in my online confirmation. Anyone not picking up on these vague cancellation dates would automatically be charged a penalty. The IT dept should ensure they are consistent across the board. If changed in one place, it should kick into the other 2 areas to remove the confusion. I generally make final payment well before final date but others may have to cancel last minute, and their last minute might not be X's last minute.

Edited by oceangoer2

I just went online to cancel my cruise at 78 days out, and the website was showing penalties due. :mad: When I checked this morning, the reservation clearly indicated that I needed to cancel at least 75 days out (by 4/4/16) to avoid penalties. However, because Celebrity has a new 90 day cancellation policy going into effect on 4/3/16, my online booking had been changed sometime this afternoon to show penalties being assessed because I didn't cancel by 3/20/16.

I was able to call & resolve the issue, but I don't like that my reservation was modified without my permission. The agent on the phone confirmed that if I had cancelled online, the computer would have assessed the shown penalty, and I would have been out my deposit.

Reservations should indicate the terms of the original booking!!! If they can change terms, how can there be any confidence that they aren't changing perks or price? The confirmation email mentions price but not terms or perks.

As previous post said thanks for sharing this info. The least that Celebrity could do is send e-mail up date to all who have currently booked cruise and post info on their website in large print.

Hope this post stay alive for awhile so more people are informed.