? About Ginger Altoids

I have notice that some of you have mentioned that you have used ginger altoids for nausea. I have looked everywhere and can not find them. Could someone tell me where you get them please...I always use the patch but I thought I would look these up for incase. Any info is appreicated, our cruise is Nov 13-05 on the ROS. Hope everyone enjoys their cruises. God Bless.

Sharon

They're always at Target and Walmart. They're kind of strong tasting and if you have any intention of giving them to kids it will never fly. Really don't know if they work for the purpose intended, but we just have them as a candy in the car.

I personally stick to the Bonine(sp?)*it can be found at most drug store like CVS, Walgreens, etc. It has worked wonderfully for the last 3 cruises i've been on. I suggest taking it about an hour before you get on the ship, and one each morning to avoid any vacation time spent on sickness. After all, who has time for nausea on vacation?!?!;)

have a great trip!!

~sweety~

I just wanted to thank everyone for your quick response. I have learned the last 3 years that someone on the boards knows something about at one one thing. Then again there are some people think they know everything about everything. HA!..happy Crusing to all. Good night. Sharon

I just wanted to thank everyone for your quick response. I have learned the last 3 years that someone on the boards knows something about at least one thing. Then again there are some people think they know everything about everything. HA!..happy Crusing to all. Good night. Sharon

You can also sip some ginger tea or take a small container of the ginger powder with you. That's what I do and it seems to work fine for me. I understand there are capsules you can purchase as well. That way you won't have to eat or drink anything. From what I have read about ginger, it is a good spice for aiding in digestion and calming an upset tummy but does not work on the the central nervous system to stop the dizzy feeling with motion sickness like the traditional Bonnie would.

Archived