Carnival spirit soft drink

Can anyone tell me the price of soft drinks, and if there is a different size / price for kids? Just trying to work out if it's worth getting the soft drink package as we aren't massive soft drink drinkers

Also how strict are they on the 12 bottle limit for taking your own soft drink / water onboard? My son is only 3 and has very little soft drink so i was thinking of taking the mini cans of soft drink as a treat. Since they are so small do you think they would allow a bit extra?

Thanks

There are different prices for kids for the bottomless bubbles. Sorry can't remember how much it was though. We don't buy the package and just buy the odd soft-drink here or there as didn't want to encourage the kids to drink tonnes of soft drinks. There is free iced water and lemon squash (kind of like lemon cordial) plus hot chocolate.

Edited by wagtail_syd

Their website says $5.50/day for kids and $7.25/day for adults. I don't honestly know the price per drink otherwise, I'm sorry!

For our kids at 13 and 10 at time of travel, I'd like them to be able to order a juice or something and have that bit of independence if they're on their own for a little while and would like them to be able to order a drink with meals if they want. They can't have soft drink, but juices are included so we still think it's worth it for them. In your case, you'll likely be with your 3 year old most of the time anyway, so keeping a small soft drink can in your poolside bag or letting him have one in the room probably works just fine.

As far as the 12 bottle limit, my understanding is that each guest can bring the 12 cans. If 24 is plenty for the trip, that's still within your total limit. (And if I'm misunderstanding that rule and it's really 12 per cabin, someone please correct me!)

I'm struggling with this for my 8 and 11 year olds, I doubt they will get value (and I'll be enforcing water a lot just as I do during normal days). I do think they'll enjoy the independence of getting their own drinks, and I want to treat them, but if I let them have a glass at dinner, that will still be a big treat, and I can then spoil them with sushi or the lolly shop instead with the cost difference.

For a 3 year old I'd probably not bother - just give him an occasional sip of yours. He's definitely not going to get value. There's cordial available all the time too from what I've been told.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm struggling with this for my 8 and 11 year olds, I doubt they will get value (and I'll be enforcing water a lot just as I do during normal days). I do think they'll enjoy the independence of getting their own drinks, and I want to treat them, but if I let them have a glass at dinner, that will still be a big treat, and I can then spoil them with sushi or the lolly shop instead with the cost difference.

For a 3 year old I'd probably not bother - just give him an occasional sip of yours. He's definitely not going to get value. There's cordial available all the time too from what I've been told.

Yep, my kids are very similar ages and I really didn't want to encourage them to drink lots of soft drink especially considering the quantity of pizza, soft serve and burgers they managed to put away after a day of snorkelling on the islands. In the end we didn't get the package but I did treat them to a few mocktails in the comedy club instead. They loved that!

Yep, my kids are very similar ages and I really didn't want to encourage them to drink lots of soft drink especially considering the quantity of pizza, soft serve and burgers they managed to put away after a day of snorkelling on the islands. In the end we didn't get the package but I did treat them to a few mocktails in the comedy club instead. They loved that!

My kids would love mocktails!

C'mon guys and girls. You're all on holiday.

We're quite firm about soft drinks at home with our kids. We'll get a 1.25 bottle or 2 with the shopping but that's it. Once it's gone it's gone. No more during the week until next shop.

We got our young teens the bubbles package. Just remember it includes juices also. Let loose the rope a little. You're all on board to have fun.

The first day or two the kids probably will consume a bit too much soft drink but believe me they will back off. And, if they're hanging out at kids club all the time they're too busy to be making constant visits to the bars for cokes. On our last trip our 14 year old son probably only just broke even on value as he was flat out having fun. But we didn't have to worry about it. The bubbles package isn't too bad for kids.

Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by jasoncheck01@gmail.com

I think it depends on the age of your kids :)

For me personally with a 4 and 5 year old, yes they are on holidays too, but I would not be on holidays if they had softdrink and were bouncing off the walls :P

So if they are young enough to still need significant supervision and parenting all the time anyway I would not be giving free reign especially if they don't usually have any as it will only hit them worse!

I think it depends on the age of your kids :)

For me personally with a 4 and 5 year old, yes they are on holidays too, but I would not be on holidays if they had softdrink and were bouncing off the walls :P

My 8 and 10 year olds would be the same!

I'm not advocating no soft drink while on holidays - just saying that the package won't be worth it for us. I'll absolutely be letting them have bubbles at meals, and juice at breakfast, and probably a mocktails or two at a show. But between that, they can have water. As will my husband and I.

Given their usual soft drink intake is about 300ml a fortnight, they'll think all their holidays have come at once [emoji38][emoji23]