Recent Sky cruisers!?

cot427

So would it be any use to take a big cup on board since you can only get 1 drink at a time?

They hardly ever limit you to one drink, and the drink lines were always super quick. I dont think I waited more than 30 seconds for a drink. And often times I was getting 4+ drinks for everyone in the hottub.

I think the 1 drink at a time is more of the official policy so they have the right to turn you away. In reality, they were more than happy to provide you with as many drinks as you needed.

So do all the bars close at 1 am or just the clubs?

I think everything shuts down at 1. I should know because I was at dazzels every night until it closed. Just never really checked my watch for the time.

The biggest disappointment for me- is I feel like the hottubs were being shut down at something like 11. It was really lame. Drinking and sitting in the hottub under the night stars is the best. NCL needs to revise this policy. I get they have to clean it.... but how about cleaning it at 2 or something.

I've been trying to get my cousin to take a cruise for years and she's finally giving into the idea for her 30th birthday, but with multiple conditions. It has to be a short cruise (perfect because I don't have much unscheduled time off work) and has to include alcohol and food to cut down costs. So I've narrowed it down and suggested the Sky to her. Now I know she isn't the most impressive ship, but with 2 full port days, I doubt we will need anything really fancy. My questions are:

-How are the all-inclusive drinks? I don't need top shelf liquor but I don't want bottom either. Are their long lines?

-I've never been to Great Stirrup Cay, which is appealing to me. How are the conditions for making it in October/November?

-Any other random thoughts/experiences/suggestions?

when should the cruise be? I heard the Sky will be in DryDock in early 2017