Spice Mill Beach

l2f

We will be in St Kitts later this Spring. Trying to decide between a day pass at Mariott or Spice Mill.

Can someone tell me what the cost for 2 beach chairs and an umbrella at Spice Mill? Also how the restaurant is? We know food is expensive on St Kitts but trying to plan what to expect.

Thanks in advance

We will be in St Kitts later this Spring. Trying to decide between a day pass at Mariott or Spice Mill.

Can someone tell me what the cost for 2 beach chairs and an umbrella at Spice Mill? Also how the restaurant is? We know food is expensive on St Kitts but trying to plan what to expect.

Thanks in advance

You may want to re think Marriott. Have a look at Captain Sunshine (St. Kitts) on Facebook. He showed up in my news feed about erosion on the beach with video, it looks like a good portion of the beach was washed away.

Spice Mill, the chairs are $5.00 USD per person and i believe $10.00 for the umbrella. Food is very good and not badly priced. A bucket of 4 beer is $10.00 USD

Sue

You may want to re think Marriott. Have a look at Captain Sunshine (St. Kitts) on Facebook. He showed up in my news feed about erosion on the beach with video, it looks like a good portion of the beach was washed away. Sue

Sue thanks. Don't do Facebook so I won't be able to see the video.

Do you know if a taxi will drop you right at Spice Mill? Also if taxis are available at Spice Mill for return to port?

Thanks

You may want to re think Marriott. Have a look at Captain Sunshine (St. Kitts) on Facebook. He showed up in my news feed about erosion on the beach with video, it looks like a good portion of the beach was washed away.

Spice Mill, the chairs are $5.00 USD per person and i believe $10.00 for the umbrella. Food is very good and not badly priced. A bucket of 4 beer is $10.00 USD

Sue

Is there more than one place to eat at Spice Mill? I just saw a menu on another site that showed the cheapest meal was $30.

Is there more than one place to eat at Spice Mill? I just saw a menu on another site that showed the cheapest meal was $30.

Spice Mill has 2 menus, one for the restaurant which is sit down as well as one for the beach goers which is less expensive. I think I paid $9.00USD for jerk chicken nachos, my DH ordered fish tacos with salad and rice for something like $12.00 USD. Local beer 4 for $10.00 USD

As for taxis, we did shared so it was 14.00 per person round trip. We made arrangements to be picked up with the driver , but there was tons of taxis going back and forth.

Edited by toes_in_sand

Spice Mill has 2 menus, one for the restaurant which is sit down as well as one for the beach goers which is less expensive. I think I paid $9.00USD for jerk chicken nachos, my DH ordered fish tacos with salad and rice for something like $12.00 USD. Local beer 4 for $10.00 USD

As for taxis, we did shared so it was 14.00 per person round trip. We made arrangements to be picked up with the driver , but there was tons of taxis going back and forth.

Ah, now that sounds much better, thanks. My mouth is watering already. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anything near Spice to walk to, such as shopping etc. We are planning on spending a full day here on the beach, but it would be nice to take a break and stroll if theres an area to walk to,

And how far is it from the ship?

Spice Mill is on Cockleshell Beach, the farthest beach from the port area. It is about 25-30 min by taxi from the port area. You could stroll to the other end of the beach to Reggae Beach Bar, they have some shopping(T shirts etc). It is about 1/4 mile between Spice Mill & Reggae Beach Bar.

Edited by paul58

• 7 years later...
On 4/4/2016 at 1:32 PM, Bluemoon319 said:

Reggae Beach Bar is also on Cockleshell Beach.  We usually take a taxi there.  Food is also good.