Viking Grand European, 6/2-6/16 - Excursions

Marguerite-a-Ville

We are interested in booking several of the optional excursions, but we would also like to participate in the included excursions. I have registered on the Viking website, but none of the excursions show duration or time of day.

For those who have previously sailed on Viking, will they eventually publish this information? If so, how long before the trip does that information come out?

Are there any particular optional excursions that you would recommend?

Lastly, I've only taken ocean cruses before, and I know that at each port there are tour companies offering their services. Does this happen on river cruises too?

Margie

Dear Marguerite-a-Ville,

We appreciate the opportunity to jump in and respond.

Shore excursion times and durations are, typically, posted to My Viking Journey. We apologize if you are not able to view this information on your account and, to assist us in troubleshooting the issue, would encourage you to provide your booking number to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

My Viking Journey is a new addition to Viking River Cruises and we appreciate your patience while we bring the interface up to speed.

Marguerite-a-Ville, thank you again for allowing us the opportunity to respond. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

We are interested in booking several of the optional excursions, but we would also like to participate in the included excursions. I have registered on the Viking website, but none of the excursions show duration or time of day.

For those who have previously sailed on Viking, will they eventually publish this information? If so, how long before the trip does that information come out?

Are there any particular optional excursions that you would recommend?

Lastly, I've only taken ocean cruses before, and I know that at each port there are tour companies offering their services. Does this happen on river cruises too?

Margie

While not exactly the specific time, we were able to sign up for both included and optional excursions as the previous poster just outlined. You do know when you sign up if you are going in the morning or afternoon.