First Time Cruiser Review of Sensation Cruise

esdoorn

• 5 weeks later...

Finally getting around to last day on ship and our transport from the POM to FLL.

We had FTTF, so we scored Zone 2 for getting off the ship. We were to meet in the Piano Bar Lounge at 8:00am and were off the ship by 9:00am and then through customs, pain free and simple process.

We used SAS Transportation to shuttle us between POM and the Hilton Marina Hotel (close to Port Everglades) to stay the day in FLL and over night until our flight home the next day.

SAS Transport was waiting for use and we got in the van shortly after 9.00am and ended up picking up some other folks heading to FLL. The driver was very courtesy and did a wonderful job telling us about the Miami - FLL region, better than a tour guide imho.

We arrived at our hotel around 10.30am ( we dropped off folks first at the airport as they had flights to catch. We ended up having lunch at the pool side restaurant ( very nice in fact I had the best Caesar salad I have had in my life - it was awesome!!! ) and our room was ready for early check in around 12.30pm. We dumped our bags and spent the $25.00 per person on the water taxi (which has a stand close to the hotel) and enjoyed a full ride the whole way of the inland waterway for 3 hours and had a blast. I highly recommend this inexpensive tour.

All in all, it was a great vacation, great flights, great cruise, great ship, great crew, great ground transportation and great hotels.

Looking forward to our next cruise on the Paradise!

• 3 weeks later...
Flow into FLL two day before our cruise and stayed overnight at the Best Western FLL. The next day took SAS Transport to Miami and stayed at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn was a decent hotel and just fine for a one night stay.

During the day we spent time playing Tourist in South Beach at the South Beach Marriott. My wife got her finger and toe nails done in the spa and I enjoyed time at the Blue Deco bar and restaurant in the hotel on their outdoor patio. Photo below.

12801621_10153346664321816_2278388138722470823_n.jpg?oh=0f21226177eb09d80c0042459575bc02&oe=578275C7

Next post will be our embarkation day and we had a 10am check in and FTTF.

Hello I book this hotel for our pre cruise stay. Did you have dislikes about this hotel or bed? We only know how nice Holiday Inn is back home in Columbus, Ohio. We know here at home Holiday Inn room and service and price is better then Marriott hotel here. Would you have any pictures or your room? Thank you

Hello I book this hotel for our pre cruise stay. Did you have dislikes about this hotel or bed? We only know how nice Holiday Inn is back home in Columbus, Ohio. We know here at home Holiday Inn room and service and price is better then Marriott hotel here. Would you have any pictures or your room? Thank you

Which hotel are you looking at information on the 1) Best Western in FLL or the 2) Marriott on South Beach (Miami)?

Port of Miami Holiday inn

I don't have any photo's of the room, but can comment on the hotel.

The hotel is older, but in good shape. The room was on the small side, but the bed was comfy and the room clean. It was a decent stay for one night and would be for one or two nights. Having the market across the road with all the restaurants and shops was worth it as we could walk. Felt safe and didn't have any issues.

The staff were wonderful and friendly! I'd recommend it and would stay there again without hesitation.

I liked to be able to see the ships and the port from our room!

@esdoorn thanks a lot! That info really help me. Could you answer one question for me please.

The hotel told me there is a shuttle fee and they also told me that you can just get a taxi or Uber which is cheaper then there shuttle depending on how many ppl is using the shuttle at the same time. Is it better using a taxi to get to the Port?

@esdoorn thanks a lot! That info really help me. Could you answer one question for me please.

The hotel told me there is a shuttle fee and they also told me that you can just get a taxi or Uber which is cheaper then there shuttle depending on how many ppl is using the shuttle at the same time. Is it better using a taxi to get to the Port?

I'd take a cab!

They are lined up across the street from the hotel and are ready for you instantly when you want to go. Cost I think was $15 including tip!

Edited by esdoorn