Chef Table Gratuities

SadieN

I've done the Chef's Table once in the past & don't remember exactly what the letter I received on board said. I'm just curious why some people are saying that the tip was part of the price in the past. Where was this stated? I don't remember how I handled a tip in the past. I'm typically a generous tipper so I'm sure I did tip for this, but just don't remember how it was handled.

I view the Chef's Table not only as a dining experience, but also as an excursion. Either way, a tip should be given.

I am personally usually offended by automatic tips. I do find it appropriate ion this case however because I see it the same as when automatic tips are added to a bill in restaurants when there are a certain number of people dining at the same table. I realize that it's not quite the same because the Chef's Table guest list is not typically comprised of people who booked as a group, but it is still a group dining experience nonetheless.

I booked the Chef's Table for my Feb. 2016 cruise and am very much looking forward to it. I personally like the idea of the automatic gratuity in this case because I think it will be easier than however I handled it last time (adjusting it should be very easy as well). Of course since I don't remember how I handled it last time, it may have been very simple then too. Either way, I'm not bothered. :)

I've done the Chef's Table once in the past & don't remember exactly what the letter I received on board said. I'm just curious why some people are saying that the tip was part of the price in the past. Where was this stated? I don't remember how I handled a tip in the past. I'm typically a generous tipper so I'm sure I did tip for this, but just don't remember how it was handled.

I view the Chef's Table not only as a dining experience, but also as an excursion. Either way, a tip should be given.

I am personally usually offended by automatic tips. I do find it appropriate ion this case however because I see it the same as when automatic tips are added to a bill in restaurants when there are a certain number of people dining at the same table. I realize that it's not quite the same because the Chef's Table guest list is not typically comprised of people who booked as a group, but it is still a group dining experience nonetheless.

I booked the Chef's Table for my Feb. 2016 cruise and am very much looking forward to it. I personally like the idea of the automatic gratuity in this case because I think it will be easier than however I handled it last time (adjusting it should be very easy as well). Of course since I don't remember how I handled it last time, it may have been very simple then too. Either way, I'm not bothered. :)

It was always part of the description since it was launched, just like the steakhouse. Same way you knew wine was included.

FWIW Princess just raised some of its specialty dining prices, by the same 15%.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like price fixing to me. Better get some attorneys General on the case when they are done with the bathroom debacle.

Sounds like price fixing to me. Better get some attorneys General on the case when they are done with the bathroom debacle.

Um... the cruise lines are NOT USA corporations (despite where their headquarters might be). Good luck with that idea.:cool:

Otherwise, cheap is cheap, and if you cannot afford the additional 15% then don't book the CT.

Um... the cruise lines are NOT USA corporations (despite where their headquarters might be). Good luck with that idea.:cool:

Otherwise, cheap is cheap, and if you cannot afford the additional 15% then don't book the CT.

Really. Who do you think handle the fuel surcharge refunds some years back?

It was always part of the description since it was launched, just like the steakhouse. Same way you knew wine was included.

Oh, I never saw the description. I made my reservation through an email address someone gave me. My email confirmation didn't give a description or mention anything about gratuities.