Star Questions

Moobaby214

We are going on the Star in less than two weeks and we have a few basic questions that I have not really been able to find the answers to (despite searching this site):

We have two Balcony cabins booked, a B3 and a BA. Are the coffee makers the type that use cup or disc packets? or can we bring filters and ground coffee? Two of us are big coffee drinkers, so we want to make sure we bring the correct kind.

How is the internet speed? We intend to book the unlimited package and are curious as to the speeds in the room and public spaces. We are mid ship decks nine and ten.

Does anyone have current wine lists from the Star? I have seen them from some of the newer ships, but not really any for the older ships.

Has anyone purchased the birthday package for the room? I tried searching here but could not find anything with a recent date.

With bringing on bottled water at the Tampa terminal, can we attach the luggage tag to the package and leave it with the porters? or would we have to carry it onboard?

Thanks in advance for your help!

The coffee maker is the usual hotel size (4 cups maybe) using the small coffee packets. Feel sure your room steward would provide extras if needed.

Internet is slow, slow, slow. Have never tried from cabin. Usually go to Internet place on ship.

Wine lists are standard from ship to ship. Trying "Cruisin with Gambee" for full list.

Don't think standard birthday package has changed. You can find in planning section on NCL.com

Not sure, but I think Tampa is one of the ports where they won't handle bottled water. Unless you are a purist, the drinking water on ship is perfectly fine. You can always go to Buffet and fill your personal bottle. (Just don't fill it directly from the dispenser. Not proper etiquette.)

We were in a BA balcony on deck 9. The coffee maker had a packet. I didn't try to use it until the last morning because I woke up at 4 am and couldn't get back to sleep. It was only then that I realized it didn't work! Your room steward should give you as many coffee packets as you want.

I used the internet on my iPad and on their computers. It was decent. I don't remember it being very slow or very fast.

The wine list is the same as the newer ships.

We are going on the Star in less than two weeks and we have a few basic questions that I have not really been able to find the answers to (despite searching this site):

We have two Balcony cabins booked, a B3 and a BA. Are the coffee makers the type that use cup or disc packets? or can we bring filters and ground coffee? Two of us are big coffee drinkers, so we want to make sure we bring the correct kind.

Yes there is a coffee maker and it does use a packet, not a Kcup

How is the internet speed? We intend to book the unlimited package and are curious as to the speeds in the room and public spaces. We are mid ship decks nine and ten.

Not the worse I've ever had at sea. Emails were a breeze and I was able to text using my iphone to other iphone users. But downloading any attachments was super slow!

Does anyone have current wine lists from the Star? I have seen them from some of the newer ships, but not really any for the older ships.

Has anyone purchased the birthday package for the room? I tried searching here but could not find anything with a recent date.

I just purchased it for my father. The decorations are nice and the cake is delicious! It was $35. My parents cabin wasn't decorated when they boarded and when I asked at Guest Services I was told I'd picked the next day, not the day we boarded. I have no idea if that's what I did or not. But they did decorate the next day and it was super nice!

With bringing on bottled water at the Tampa terminal, can we attach the luggage tag to the package and leave it with the porters? or would we have to carry it onboard?

Tampa port is a BIG pain in the rear. NO they will NOT carry on any beverages. Bring an extra suitcase in which to put any water or soda. Otherwise plan on carrying on the cases yourselves. Totally ridiculous if you ask me!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Anytime...enjoy your trip!

The attached PDF is a fleetwide wine list for Norwegian as of June 2015. There may be other selections on the Star but they should have all of these.

WineList_Fleetwide.pdf

Does anyone know anything about the White Nights Party (if that is what it is called). Is it aimed at a younger crowd? Is it dancing and drinking?

Well, hmm I didn't make it to the party, but my son did... and then he asked for more time at the party. It's for everyone with dancing and drinking.

Hello,

Does anyone know about a meet and greet on the Star? I am new at this and hope you can answer this or pass it on to someone who can help.

Is anyone doing shore excursions on this trip? The ships are SO expensive.

Thanks,

Werecruising

Hello,

Does anyone know about a meet and greet on the Star? I am new at this and hope you can answer this or pass it on to someone who can help.

Is anyone doing shore excursions on this trip? The ships are SO expensive.

Thanks,

Werecruising

Have you gone to the roll call? I'm on the 4/17 sailing and our roll call has over 30 pages of posts. We are doing a meet and greet.

Star Roll Calls - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=355