Shoe question for MrsMoose and others

pennstater

MrsMoose - would you mind sharing some information with me? I have read that you don't wear heels and I may be joining you in that effort. I love the look of heels, especially because I am only 5'4", but due to joint issues, I am attempting to convert to low-heeled shoes or flats. This may be a premanent conversion, so I don't want to waste my money on low-quality shoes. Do you have certain brands/styles that are comfortable and stylish?

I posted a more specific thread re: resources for low-heeled formal shoes (and got some great leads! thanks all!), but now I'm looking for any style of shoe--casual, informal, sandals, etc.

Anyone else with similar info, please share also! :)

Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

Yes, I never wear heals of any kind anymore. I haven't worn a pair of heals really in say 10 years. I tried once and I landed up in physical therapy for a month so no more heals.

Ok, I like ballet flats, runners/trainers and loafers.

I'll give you my favs along with other brands that you might like. I'll be honest and say that I do spend money on shoes as it's the one thing that is easier to buy here in Canada and I can also order once I know the style and brand fits me.

I like Tod's for loafers, last forever and their basic loafers will be stylish for quite a long time. Hogan is part of Tod's for runners/trainers and ankle boots. Manolo Blanik makes cute ballet flats as does Delman and Chanel and I bought a pair of Miu Miu emblished mocassins that everybody compliments me on. For ballet flats, I love the Chanel ones as they are classic and timeless and worth the investment, I had a pair of black and they lasted 4 years and were still in style when I parted with them.

Prada does some nice loafers as well and runners/trainers. Chanel does nice runners too but I don't always like their styles, but they are extremely comfortable.

All of what I listed are comfortable, Hogan trainers/runners are so comfortable.

I have to go now but I'll post more later.

I like my Birks, many german made shoes. I try to go to places where my foot is measured and there is service. I have had some duds in the past. I badly broke an ankle in the past with soft tissure damage. I do wear short heels for good but for everyday wear I like good fitting shoes.

I like my Birks' date=' many german made shoes. I try to go to places where my foot is measured and there is service. I have had some duds in the past. I badly broke an ankle in the past with soft tissure damage. I do wear short heels for good but for everyday wear I like good fitting shoes.[/quote']

Yep, me too, on the badly broken ankle, torn ligament, damaged cartilage...stinks, doesn't it? Cast came off 2 weeks ago so I'm trying to find some comfortable, stylish shoes to replace the one sneaker I had to wear while on crutches! I hate sneakers so I'm ready to break free (still have to wear the boot but one stylish shoe is better than none!) I'll check out your suggestions. Thanks!

Wow! That is a wonderful list! Thanks so much! Now, I just need to convince the DH that a few expensive, high-quality shoes are better than a bunch of the cheap, low-quality ones...;)

I've always wanted a pair of Tod's loafers. This would be a good time to try!

I'm glad that y'all liked my list. There are others of course, Stuart Weitzman does some nice flats although I don't think they always wear well.

If ordering Chanel, be careful they don't always run true to size.

Gucci does some nice loafers although not always my taste. Feragamo wears very well.

Well good luck in finding what you like. Also check out the Dior runners, they don't have many styles but the ones they have are cute.

Archived