If you actually dock in Dublin and not Dun Lagohaire

Hi

You can walk from the port of Dublin to the city centre - though the port is very busy, and you need to be very careful until you're out of the dock area itself.

....not too sure of exact distance, but about a 40 minute steady walk

Another option is the Luas from The Point

https://www.luas.ie/routes/

There are also buses, and it may be that your cruise line will offer a shuttle service

Enjoy Dublin - one of my favourite cities :)

Compact, easy to walk around, friendly people.....and good craic :D

Holland America offered a shuttle to city center. The port is industrial, busy and maybe you arenot allowed to walk there.

Hi

You can walk from the port of Dublin to the city centre - though the port is very busy, and you need to be very careful until you're out of the dock area itself.

....not too sure of exact distance, but about a 40 minute steady walk

Another option is the Luas from The Point

https://www.luas.ie/routes/

There are also buses, and it may be that your cruise line will offer a shuttle service

Enjoy Dublin - one of my favourite cities :)

Compact, easy to walk around, friendly people.....and good craic :D

I'd say it's closer to an hour walk from where the ship docks to O'Connell Bridge - about 3 miles, but half of that is through the port - not at all scenic. The next bit is a bit dull too. If there's a shuttle on offer I'd take it.

Shuttles usually drop people off outside Trinity College, and there it's very convenient to get to Temple Bar (an area, not a single pub), Grafton St (shopping), Stephen's Green (a park), etc.

I'll check in a while if taxis can go into the port itself, sadly I've never docked there. If you have data, the apps Hailo and Lync are good to install. Both of those summon registered taxis to you.

It looks like taxis can go into the port OK, but if you're on Facebook it might be worth asking on https://www.facebook.com/DublinPortCompany/ for full details of transport options from the pier.

A taxi from the port to College Green (outside Trinity) should cost around €13-€20 (depending on how heavy traffic is - waiting in rush hour traffic can greatly increase your taxi fare). Take a look at this site for taxi price estimates around Dublin.