Do you prices drop after final payment?

bp traveler

We are sailing on the NCL Spirit on July 6th and right now there are only inside cabins remaining but quite a few over 35+ cabins from what I can tell.

Final payment is due tomorrow. We are booked an inside cabins with the drink package and $100 obc.

After final payment NCL has not given us anything for a price drop in the past.

Would you risk cancelling with that many cabins open and see if prices drop?

Anyone know when they might drop prices or historically?

I guess the question you have to ask yourself is, if you cancel and take a chance that you can get a cheaper cabin, would you be OK if it doesn't work out?

Do you already have your flights booked? If so, what would you do if you cancel, you wait a few days, and then somehow things book up? What if there aren't really 35 cabins left?

Personally, I wouldn't chance it, but when it comes to things like this, I am risk-averse. The way I look at it, when I booked the cruise, I was comfortable with the price charged otherwise I wouldn't have booked it. Does it suck that the price dropped? Yes, but that's how it goes.

Although it seems you would be going from inside to inside so I'm not sure if things like location would matter to you? It would matter to me.

I have taken that risk a few times over the years when 1) I have some flexibility in the week I want to go; and 2) I am leaving from a port that doesn't require flying, or if I haven't booked a flight and am confident I can get one at the last minute at a reasonable price, i.e., a city where there are multiple daily flights and it isn't in high season. Sometimes it has worked out spectacularly and I have gotten a cabin for next to nothing, and certainly far less than I was originally going to pay. A couple of times I waited too long and couldn't get a cabin at all, but had the flexibility to move to a different week. I would never risk it if I had non-refundable airfare...

Terry