Stateroom Change Requested by AQSC

Kathy53

We are first time cruisers with AQSC and in August, 2015, we booked the September 4th, 2016 cruise from New Orleans to Memphis. At the time of booking we reserved Stateroom 333 and this was confirmed by way of our Booking Confirmation. At that time, the room selection for this category (AA), was wide open. I just received an email from AQSC advising that they 'must' change our stateroom from 333 to 338. I asked them to explain 'why' this has to be done before I am prepared to make such a change. To repeat cruisers, does AQSC do this and if so, why? I just find it puzzling and if someone can shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Never heard of this before, that doesn't mean it's never happened. Curious as to the reason you were given to the why you "must" change cabins? Looking at the deck plans both cabins look similar to me; however, there is the switch from starboard to port. Do notice that the theater would be across that hallway from 338 vs. a storage area for 333.

Thank you 'njhoo' for responding. I, too, was surprised by 'must change'. When I initially made the booking, I asked the AQSC reservation agent which side of the boat (starboard or port) would she recommend for the New Orleans/Memphis cruise and it was on her recommendation that we chose Starboard. With not having done this cruise before, I'm not sure which would be best. I'm waiting to hear back from AQSC as to why they are making this request.

Honestly, either room is fine and other than the side of the boat they're on there is no difference. I certainly wouldn't sweat it!

As far as starboard v. port for a room during a Lower Mississippi trip it doesn't make one darn bit of difference either. The river twist and turns so much on the lower river that you could see both the sun's rising and setting from your window.

Now as far as the dining room make sure that you get a starboard side table. The port side has the pronounced rumble of a diesel generator, unless the company has taken care of it during layup.

I appreciate and thank you your comments. It's now a moot point as they didn't move us afterall. Never being on this type of cruise, I was relying on the recommendation of our reservation agent who made a point of suggesting 'starboard' for this voyage. I will, however, make a note for the Dining Room. We chose late seating and somehow I get the impression that the early seating is more popular so we will inquire at the time.