Millennium Aft Cabins motion issues?

Amishcountry

I am planning my second trip to Alaska 2017 Celebrity Millennium. The first time we had Starboard Veranda room 7091, and loved it! For me , it's all about the view! Many of you rave about Aft cabins. I do get motion sick, although with Bonine , experienced no issues last time. Is there more motion in an Aft cabin, and do you hear any engine or other noise?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't speak to the Millenium, but we've sailed Aft on our last two cruises and I got motion sickness both times. For me, I think it was the vibrations from whatever equipment was below us. On the last cruise, I used a scopolamine patch for the first time and was nauseated, but got out of my room and to the middle of the ship and it eventually passed. We were also in Alaska leaving from Seattle and once we got into the inside passage I was fine for the rest of the cruise (I did keep wearing the patch to be safe). I love, love, love the views though, which is why I tried a second time.

For our next cruise, I'm going to go back to something mid-ship and see how I do. My husband was fine on the last cruise - on the one before that which was New England/Canada even he didn't feel well and he rarely has any problems with motion.

We were on the Millenium and it was pretty rough the first night on the open seas throughout the entire ship but I gotta say it was pretty bad in our AFT cabin. However, once we were in the Inside Passage (next day), it was smooth sailing for the remainder of the cruise.