GTY Inside then immediate upsell

CruisnDeb

I am hoping to snag a cruise with no single supplement one day. Most of these are usually offered 1-2 weeks before sailing. For example, right now the Dawn is offering a GTY Inside and GTY OV for $349 departing April 10th with no single supplement. Since this cruise is in less than a week, I assume my cabin would be assigned pretty quickly. I was then hoping to call the upsell department to see what offers they have, specifically for a suite. Has anyone does this before as a single cruiser? Just curious to hear your experience with this and if they had any upsell offers available.

I am hoping to snag a cruise with no single supplement one day. Most of these are usually offered 1-2 weeks before sailing. For example, right now the Dawn is offering a GTY Inside and GTY OV for $349 departing April 10th with no single supplement. Since this cruise is in less than a week, I assume my cabin would be assigned pretty quickly. I was then hoping to call the upsell department to see what offers they have, specifically for a suite. Has anyone does this before as a single cruiser? Just curious to hear your experience with this and if they had any upsell offers available.

Whats the difference whether or not your cabin is assigned? That's not going to change the upsell prices, right?

Edited by SmitteeB11

Whats the difference whether or not your cabin is assigned? That's not going to change the upsell prices, right?

Good point.....I hadn't thought of that.

But still looking to see if anyone has tried to do an immediate upsell after booking so close to sail date and as a single cruiser.

I think the idea is that they could be assigned a suite right away, which will save them the trouble of having to call (and pay) for an upsell… :p

I think the idea is that they could be assigned a suite right away, which will save them the trouble of having to call (and pay) for an upsell… :p

Another good point. I should definitely wait to see what they assign me :D

I only book GTYs and honestly I have never been upgraded. Too many Cruise Critic folks call upsell at the last minute!

But it has happened. Good luck Deb!

The interline rate for the 4/10 Dawn for an inside was $129pp two weeks ago. I was pretty bummed I had already booked Getaway for the same day. It was an amazing deal.

What you are looking for is a lovely dream.

but, it does not exist.

those of us that book last minute for pennies with no single supplement have a better chance of hitting the lottery than getting an upgrade.

when they upsell or upgrade it goes to the higher priced people first.

What you are looking for is a lovely dream.

but, it does not exist.

those of us that book last minute for pennies with no single supplement have a better chance of hitting the lottery than getting an upgrade.

when they upsell or upgrade it goes to the higher priced people first.

It doesn't hurt to hope, dream and pray :D

I know what I am asking about isn't common, and even if someone has managed to "pull this off", there's no guarantee I would be able to duplicate their experience......I'm was just curious to see if anyone has done it before.

Sure, if you book the cheapest category on the ship with no single supplement, you will probably not be high on their list for an upsell call out of the blue. But these days they are allowing people to call and ask for upsell offers. People have reported calling repeatedly with pretty crazy wishes and expectations in mind, and many of them actually end up getting what they want from NCL. Think what you will of the whole process, but you can hardly blame people for wanting to do the same.

Sure, if you book the cheapest category on the ship with no single supplement, you will probably not be high on their list for an upsell call out of the blue. But these days they are allowing people to call and ask for upsell offers. People have reported calling repeatedly with pretty crazy wishes and expectations in mind, and many of them actually end up getting what they want from NCL. Think what you will of the whole process, but you can hardly blame people for wanting to do the same.

Exactly, you can't fault the OP for wishing and trying, particularly if expectations are managed and getting told no is ok.

Pullmentaur i pulled off the single page of that site and gave you the deal number.

what I do is go to about 10 sites and run the numbers.

many times a great deal like the spirit deal i snagged last week have to be run though other online sites to get the deals.

the singles page does not always show it.

it never showed the spirit deal and neither did cruise plum.

what I did see that is cool about cruiseplum...and thank you for telling me about it by the way...it that is shows the exact price history of a cruise if you run your curser over the graph.

but, unfortunately...it is always a day behind in its info.

if you look at cruiseplum...it will show it is not constantly updated.

Which is why the spirit deal did not show on it until it was gone.

i like the sort features of cruiseplum, and the area grouping of that online TA we cant mention, the latter which also has lines cruiseplum doesnt include. I oftrn then arrange the sort by cabin price per day.

If the other sites arent TAs, can you list them or maybe email them to me? Thanks, deb!

megrobstad@gmail.com