How does the DP work in a la carte

ighten

Say you have 5 days Dining plan on a 8 day cruise.. But you booked into 4 nights at cagneys and 4 at Bistro..

How do they know when to apply the DP voucher as you could end up one night ordering a meal worth less than a voucher.

The SDP will be applied to your first 5 meals, unless you specifically ask for it not to be on any night. If you haven't spent as much as the daily SDP charge (which is fairly unlikely), then the server may suggest that you don't use it, but he won't know what other meals you have planned, so it's up to you to let them know how you want to pay for the meal.

it does not work that way.

you entire meal is included...appetizer entree desert.

if you bought it ala carte in those restaurants just your entree would cost more than the voucher.

This ala carte thing is new..i just saw it 2 months ago...but the ala carte prices floored me.

sorry..i read your post again.

if you are going to be eating 3 more nights in the restaurants...be sure to buy a 3 night meal plan before you board.

the prices are higher onboard...and MUCH cheaper than paying ala carte prices.

if you are going to be eating 3 more nights in the restaurants...be sure to buy a 3 night meal plan before you board.

This is correct. Even if you have a 5 meal plan (as a promo I assume) then it is worth buying a second, 3 meal plan for the other days as it will almost certainly be cheaper than paying a la carte.

Personally, though, I would consider having a few days to eat in the included venues, although obviously that may not be your preference.