Sorry for another dumb newbie question

We booked a guaranteed verandah cabin- obviously without any mention of where that might be. Never received any kind of confirmation e mail. The cruise is showing up as paid for in my Disney cruise online account.

Is it normal to never get an invoice showing what category you paid for and when will Disney let me know our cabin number?

Also- totally off topic- if all of the adult brunch times are booked online, is there any chance we can still experience the brunch?

The emails we have received are titled 'Reservation Confirmation', and include your reservation number, category, guest names, amount paid, etc. Check your spam folder - ours came from a different email account. If you booked through a travel agent, that email will go to them and they will forward it to you.

They do hold back brunch reservations - the Navigator for the first day will list where to go once onboard to get a reservation. Do that when you first board.

You booked a VGT, right? You may not find out your cabin assignment until you arrive at the port although the typical time to find out is 15-30 days before cruising and it shows up on line. It will appear as part of your reservation confirmation on line at the DCL site--no e-mail, no other notification. IF assigned before luggage tags are printed, it will be on the tags. if it is not on the tags, just write it in when it appears on line (black marker is easy to see!) Even then, the bar code on the tags will tie to the assignment and get the luggage to you.

However, you should have received an e-mail showing the booking and all the payment details. If you used a TA, this should have gone to the TA and they should have sent it to you.

DCL holds back about half of the Palo reservations to be booked after boarding. There will be a location for "Palo Reservations" listed on the Welcome Aboard Navigator which you can get in the terminal before boarding. You can also get the digital version on any smart phone. Go there after boarding and you may be able to get a reservation. If not, ask to be put on a wait list...people do cancel.

On the other hand, if I am remembering correctly, you are on the Dream. This is the worst set up for getting reservations because you have a short cruise with lots of people who are convinced that they must have this reservation. That's bad just from a numbers standpoint--relatively few slots and lots of people. In contrast, on longer Magic cruises, we've been able to get 2 reservations when we asked for them (not scheduled on day 1 though...they do it so everyone has a fair chance to get one before anyone gets more).

Edited by moki'smommy

Thank you again for the great answers. I am a little nervous about not knowing the cabin assignment but I booked it this way knowing I am a control freak and we will deal with it. It's a Disney cruise after all and I am determined to have a fabulous trip. Also I may just be fixating on the brunch just because. I remember doing my first cruise a hundred thousand years ago and just enjoying everything and getting to know everything without worrying about extras. I really need to get myself back into that mindset.

There is nothing you can do about the cabin assignment, so you may as well chill out about it. That was the deal you agreed to when you got a significant savings for booking a VGT. DCL has everything covered--even if you don't learn your assignment till you get to the terminal (which is rare), they have your tags coded so your luggage will get to you.

We've been happy with our *GT assignments. No, they don't use this as a way to dump what some people consider the worst cabins on the ship. The chances are good that you will get a cat 5 assignment. That isn't a promise, but it is the most likely. If you are the kind of person who doesn't want to be forward (or aft, or something else), then this isn't the kind of booking to do. BUT, you paid a lower price than the cheapest balcony booking on the ship where you could pick a cabin, so any assignment is a savings.

There are good and bad things about a lot of advance planning. You are less likely to miss things that you really want to do. On the other hand, you worry more about things. It sounds like you have all the big things covered. And there is really no such thing as a bad Disney cruise, even when some things don't go exactly as planned. We had a 7 night cruise that a hurricane turned into a 4 night cruise...but we saw thousands of dolphins during the muster drill. There will always be something good and something less good. We choose to focus on the positive.

There is nothing you can do about the cabin assignment' date=' so you may as well chill out about it. That was the deal you agreed to when you got a significant savings for booking a VGT. DCL has everything covered--even if you don't learn your assignment till you get to the terminal (which is rare), they have your tags coded so your luggage will get to you.

We've been happy with our *GT assignments. No, they don't use this as a way to dump what some people consider the worst cabins on the ship. The chances are good that you will get a cat 5 assignment. That isn't a promise, but it is the most likely. If you are the kind of person who doesn't want to be forward (or aft, or something else), then this isn't the kind of booking to do. BUT, you paid a lower price than the cheapest balcony booking on the ship where you could pick a cabin, so any assignment is a savings.

There are good and bad things about a lot of advance planning. You are less likely to miss things that you really want to do. On the other hand, you worry more about things. It sounds like you have all the big things covered. And there is really no such thing as a bad Disney cruise, even when some things don't go exactly as planned. We had a 7 night cruise that a hurricane turned into a 4 night cruise...but we saw thousands of dolphins during the muster drill. There will always be something good and something less good. We choose to focus on the positive.[/quote']

You got me with the Dolphins. What an amazing experience!!!

I would definately like to be mid shop near an elevator on a high deck- but I booked so late that I would not have gotten that anyway.

I am just so excited to be cruising Disney! This is a last minute "make up" for a cruise I got sick on.

We haven't seen dolphins like that on any other cruise. That one was probably because we actually boarded the ship about 8:30 pm and left port shortly after midnight. The muster drill was held the next morning when we were at sea.

We have seen dolphins off the side of the ship, but not in those huge numbers. They were all around on both sides of the ship and presumably swimming under the ship. It was truly amazing. When "released" from the muster drill, most of us stayed in the area watching the dolphins!