IPad Use on Coral

Lawingnutz

Will be sailing on the Coal in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone ever had any issues with their Apple IPad's wireless connection on the ship??
You might want to ask this on the roll call too. I know that two members of the roll call were recently on the Coral and they have IPads. They could answer your question.

I haven't been on the Coral in several years but I've been on other Princess ships. I've had no major issues using my IPad Mini. Sometimes though I have to go in a public area to get a signal.

You might want to ask this on the roll call too. I know that two members of the roll call were recently on the Coral and they have IPads. They could answer your question.

I haven't been on the Coral in several years but I've been on other Princess ships. I've had no major issues using my IPad Mini. Sometimes though I have to go in a public area to get a signal.

Thanks.....it's IPad and iPhone on this trip....leaving Laptop PC home....

Thanks.....it's IPad and iPhone on this trip....leaving Laptop PC home....
It would make life easier for me but I always take my laptop (and my IPad mini and I Phone) to download my pictures. I also use it to upload the pictures to Google Plus and send out an email to people with a link to the pics. I use a distribution list (about 70 people) for the email, I can't do that on the IPad. Luckily I have a known traveler number so most of the time I get to keep my laptop in the suitcase because I get PreCheck. But I don't think I will be able to do that in Vancouver.

...Luckily I have a known traveler number so most of the time I get to keep my laptop in the suitcase because I get PreCheck. But I don't think I will be able to do that in Vancouver.

Depends - no TSA, so PreCheck is about as useful up here as the TSA are down your way;-)

If you have Global Entry or Nexus though you get to use the short security line here too. Nobody has to take shoes off in Canada anyway, unless they are enormous or set off the metal detector, but you do have to pull laptops out of bags regardless of status (tablets we always mention we have them in case they want them taken out, never had to remove for over two years but there's no signage about it being an official policy...)

I don't have an iPad but wanted to comment that the wireless connection was definitely better in public areas than in the room, so especially if you are paying for minutes, I'd try to stick to public areas.

Depends - no TSA, so PreCheck is about as useful up here as the TSA are down your way;-)

If you have Global Entry or Nexus though you get to use the short security line here too. Nobody has to take shoes off in Canada anyway, unless they are enormous or set off the metal detector, but you do have to pull laptops out of bags regardless of status (tablets we always mention we have them in case they want them taken out, never had to remove for over two years but there's no signage about it being an official policy...)

TSA can be fun. I did know there would be no Pre-check but I didn't know about the no shoe removal. I like that. :D Thanks for the info. No Global Entry for me yet. Maybe when my KTN expires I will get it. It would sure help getting through customs.

If your iPad or iPhone is having trouble connecting or staying connected while you're in your cabin, open your cabin door slightly. The doors are metal and tend to block the signal. A cabin further away from the router will probably need the door opened to connect. I just open the door slightly, connect, close it and then can use my iPhone in my cabin.