Carnival "Let Us Serve You" Wedding & Luncheon

I am having a cruise wedding in Nov 2016 and was hoping to gather info from anyone that has done the Carnival Wedding with LUNCHEON reception.

~I've read on here that the cake tables are usually plain unless we bring our own decor. But how were the luncheon tables decorated, if at all?

~Does anyone have any photos from the luncheon?

~Should I plan to bring decor of my own, or is it elegant on its own?

~What room did you eat in, one of the large dining halls or a smaller private area?

~Were you permitted to play background music from your own ipod dock or whatever?

Thanks so much, any information on that package would be greatly appreciated!!

I am having a cruise wedding in Nov 2016 and was hoping to gather info from anyone that has done the Carnival Wedding with LUNCHEON reception.

~I've read on here that the cake tables are usually plain unless we bring our own decor. But how were the luncheon tables decorated, if at all?

~Does anyone have any photos from the luncheon?

~Should I plan to bring decor of my own, or is it elegant on its own?

~What room did you eat in, one of the large dining halls or a smaller private area?

~Were you permitted to play background music from your own ipod dock or whatever?

Thanks so much, any information on that package would be greatly appreciated!!

I am doing that one next weekend, April 23rd on Carnival Liberty out of Galveston. I did a lot of research and found photos of the cakes Carnival provides. Google is your friend! They do not decorate the table. It is a white table cloth, white icing and a silver topper with 2 hearts. I am bringing my own topper (it cannot be over 8oz - which I did not know until I had already bought a heavier one). The number of tiers are based on the number of guests. I have 60 guests so I get 3 tiers. I am bringing silk flowers to decorate the cake, rose petals and "diamonds" for the table (sprinkled). Everything Carnival provides is white. Isle runner, flowers, table cloths, cake... so I am bringing color to embellish. Not everyone does, it is personal preference.

You can have music but you have to bring it and only a battery operated device - no plugs available.

There are no "centerpieces" on the tables - just a small rose bud vase.

The location of the wedding ceremony and lunch is also based on the number of guests and you will not find out which room you are assigned until 2 weeks before the wedding. I just found out a few days ago. YOU CAN PRE-TOUR the ship. I found out only a couple of weeks ago and had to schedule quickly. You can take 3 people with you but you have to schedule with Carnival Weddings and give the date of birth and drivers license # of those that will be touring. Since I already know which rooms my wedding will be in, I am paying special attention when touring them so I will be familiar with the layout.

If you want table numbers and seating assignments for lunch, you have to ask. I would write down all of your questions and ask Carnival Weddings when you call. Every time I spoke with them I had a list of questions. This forum has been GREAT. Read, search, take notes. It will make a huge difference in how smooth your wedding will be.

CONGRADULATIONS!!! Good luck with everything. I will post a review when I get back from our honeymoon.

Edited by AprilBride2016

Thanks AprilBride2016. I have done quite a bit of googling myself and have found similar info. I finally got in touch with my planner and she was able to answer quite a few of my questions and give me quotes on extra decor, which in my opinion was really overpriced. So I think I'm just gonna go with some simple DIY ideas and small favors to decorate. I a still really looking forward to your review tho!!! Good luck and congratulations. =)

• 3 weeks later...
I assume a congratulations are in order. =) Sooooo how was your wedding, I'm eager to hear all about it.

Thank you! Yes, we made it! :)

I am working on it now... Having trouble attaching photos so I sent an email to the help desk. If you want to see what I have so far... it is at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49888281&posted=1#post49888281