Sister-Sister Cruise to the Bahamas Review of the Fascination

Viva_la_Vida

Dinner was good. I had chilled cherry soup (ok) and Vanessa had a yummy lobster bisque. We both had medium rare chateaubriand. I think it’s safe to say you know what we had for dessert, warm chocolate melting cake, ha! We had a fantastic wait staff, as always. The service on this cruise was really above and beyond. On par or better than what I’ve experienced on Celebrity.

25094193786_581b0c48eb_c.jpg

25120523365_bc5706eed5_c.jpg

After dinner we went to see the Hasbro Game Show. We didn’t expect it to be so cute! The cruise director really made it fun and very interactive. The kids they chose were adorable! We also went to the second show of the night, which was called “Love and Marriage”. It was also involving audience members and was very funny. I would say it was rated PG-13.

Wednesday, February 17th - At Sea

Our last day before debarking :( We had a delicious sea day brunch. Carnival really does it right with the brunches, I couldn’t recommend them more highly! We both had Bellini, coffee, fruit, and a serving from our delicious bread basket.

25120462465_42764022ee_c.jpg

24824807540_55500c5bf5_c.jpg

For my entree, I had bacon mac ‘n cheese. It was an excellent choice! Vanessa had a pork chop, which was also delicious. I had a double chocolate brownie with granola for dessert. It was excellent.

24752764549_e5a829b33d_c.jpg

24752757719_27c5117f8c_c.jpg

That morning, we had left our awesome cabin steward, Melvin, our towel animal from the night before wearing our sunglasses.

24493641043_efec22d66e_c.jpg

When we went back to the room after it was cleaned, he had made us another. It was a dinosaur and so cute!

24507344603_4f6270f105_c.jpg

We then set up both our towel animals with glasses and left his tip envelope next to them. We had done pre-paid gratuities, but Melvin was extra special and did a wonderful job. We thought he deserved extra.

25015936072_fc91b37a9b_c.jpg

We got ready for some time in the sun. As predicted, the Serenity adult area was absolutely slammed. We went up to the aft children’s area instead because there were lots of available loungers. We found out soon why - extreme wind! We braved it for as long as we could and didn’t get a spot at Serenity until after we had eaten a late lunch. Once at Serenity, we stayed for a good while. It was a beautiful day.

We got ready for dinner. Here is the daily menu:

25002110502_af86bdc422_c.jpg

Vanessa enjoyed her first ever mojito. I think it was pomegranite, but I can’t remember exactly.

25027024481_48101a7e9c_c.jpg

I had the salad and mahi. Vanessa had mushroom soup and honey bourbon chicken.

24493459843_b810db4438_c.jpg

We walked o Merl’s comedy again, which was the 18 and up version. It did not disappoint. He was hilarious! We headed back to the room to finish packing and put our bags out. What a great vacation it was!