Caribbean Princess or Navigator?

princessb

Hi princessb! I have been on the Navigator and it was wonderful. Nothing that we did not like. Good food, good service, fun entertainment, good kids program for 8 and under,(not so good for teens,) ice skating and rock climbing lots of fun. Great adults only solarium pool area. The promenade had lots of good people watching with 24 hour snacks (little sandwiches, cookies, pastries) self serve sundae bar...yummy! We are going on the Caribbean Princess May 8th, so I'll try to get back to you and let you know which I thought was better. This is my first time with Princess--I've sailed on about 6 different RC ships, and I'm trying something new. Susannah

I have been on both and agree with everything above. I think the Voyager class ships have a better flow to them. I will say the food on Princess was better. I think the Navigator was a livelier (sp?) ship. IMHO, I would go with the NOS but I am sure you will have a good time on either ship! Have fun!

Caribbean Princess 4/3/04

Navigator of the Seas 8/03

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

I have been on the Navigator and the Voyager. of the two I prefer the Voyager. I took my first Princess cruise on the Grand lin March and I will only cruise with Princess, unless of course I win a cruise.

To me in the beginning I just loved being on a ship (any ship) but once I sailed with Princess I found out what wonderful service was all about. The service on Princess can't be beat. The worst service I had was on Navigator. Everyone has different experiences but my was notthe best on Navigator. Granted she is a beauty, but I fell in love with Princess

Either way you will have a wonderful time.

Mary Beth

Good information - thanks for sharing icon_smile.gif

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Have sailed on the NOS and while she is a beautiful ship,we still prefer the product Princess offers.

Strangely,we felt the service we received aboard that cruise was superior to anything we've ever experienced at sea.The shows and the performers were also in our opinion slightly (key word:slightly!)better than on Princess but it was close!

Food was no comparison as I think we all know.

I guess it's just that I'm not into that whole mall/rock climbing/in-line skating thing.Princess just feels more polished to me,that they are trying to continue the tradition of what makes cruising appealing in the first place.

Just my two cents...

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

We have sailed on Voyager, Princess Grand and Explorer - in that order.

When I rated the cruises (although all 3 were FANTASTIC), Explorer was first, Grand second, and Voyager 3rd.

This year we are going on Caribbean Princess, so you can see we like to alternate.

I think if you want a "slightly" quieter cruise with a little more attention to detail, go Princess. If you want busy and a little more glitz, go Navigator.

• 2 weeks later...

So, How was the ship?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zanydoc:

Hi princessb! I have been on the Navigator and it was wonderful. Nothing that we did not like. Good food, good service, fun entertainment, good kids program for 8 and under,(not so good for teens,) ice skating and rock climbing lots of fun. Great adults only solarium pool area. The promenade had lots of good people watching with 24 hour snacks (little sandwiches, cookies, pastries) self serve sundae bar...yummy! We are going on the Caribbean Princess May 8th, so I'll try to get back to you and let you know which I thought was better. This is my first time with Princess--I've sailed on about 6 different RC ships, and I'm trying something new. Susannah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived