Specialty Dining Bookings, questions

Hi there,

Dinning reservations have just opened up for my Ovation cruise in December and frustratingly, I cannot book anytime between 1730 & 2000 for a table of 4. If I put 2 or 6 people then all times are available. This is the same for all specialty restaurants.

I have 4 adults spread across 2 cruise reservations and 1 reservation has 2 kids included. Kids won't be coming to the specialty restaurants, so I just want a table of 4 at 7pm. So I think I have two options:

1. Book 2 tables of 2 and hope they can be merged, but won't know till I get on the ship.

2. Book a table of 6 and then amend to 4 once onboard asking for a refund to credited to the ship account for the surplus 2 seats.

What would you do? Anyone got history on getting tables put together at last minute?

Cheers

I'd wait until I was onboard and then make the reservations.

However, if you are committed to making pre-cruise reservations, then I'd go with the table for 6 and change when you get onboard. That way you know you will be at the same table.