cunard club

martine

You don't get a Card after only one sailing - see the FAQ here:

http://www.cunard.com/CWC/default.asp?Active=FAQ

If you want to contact them you can do so here:

http://www.cunard.com/CWC/default.asp?Active=Contact

It may do no harm to get in touch as they are 'migrating' to a new system - the Princess one - so your number will be the same as your Princess number if you already have one of those.

Peter

your number will be the same as your Princess number if you already have one of those.

Does this mean those of us who have been on Princess but not Cunard get treated as "past passengers" anyway?

There used to be a similar arrangement between Princess and P&O. Today, outside the Carnival group, there is one with RCI and Celebrity.

In North America, Cunard/Princess/Seabourn/Costa/HAL/Windstar/Carnival have reciprocal past-passenger discounts but you don't get actual "status" (not that I really care, it's the discount that matters :) ).

In North America, Cunard/Princess/Seabourn/Costa/HAL/Windstar/Carnival have reciprocal past-passenger discounts but you don't get actual "status" (not that I really care, it's the discount that matters :) ).

But it's funny how this perceived status seems to be important to so many. I can't tell you how many times I've been asked by other passengers if I am a platinum member of the world club.

The best thing about platinum status and the only really useful thing, is the priority check-in and boarding in Southampton (and New York?)

But the pre-boarding sociallizing in the embarkation hall in Southampton is always fun.

We have old Cunard World Club Membership cards from back when they had the Cunard Crown smaller (and less expensive) ships. When they went through the whole changeover, we stopped getting as much literature as we used to. We still get the occasional sale (sail <G>) pamphlet in the mail. If you use the number above your name on that brochure, it is your Cunard Club number (for instance if you got the brochure for the holiday sailing and the 26 Nov, 8 Dec and 3 Jan sailings of the QM2) This will get you the past cruisers pricing.)

We were considered Gold at the time. Don't know what we are now- Probably Rust! <LOL>

Karie

Does this mean those of us who have been on Princess but not Cunard get treated as "past passengers" anyway?

There used to be a similar arrangement between Princess and P&O. Today, outside the Carnival group, there is one with RCI and Celebrity.

There is still a loyalty club arrangement between P & O and princess. Not sure quite how it works though!!

Elaine

AFAIK, (and what they told me when I called them - but then what do they know...) no - they still only count 'Cunard' voyages.

Peter

Archived