Pricing - jumping ship to another cruiseline

Freespir8

NCL Havens don't even come close to touching the elegance of MSC's Yacht Clubs. We dumped our Escape cruise after the nit-picking nickel and diming NCL pulled on everyone, (except for those of us in the Haven), in March 2015 for our December 2015 cruise and booked the Divina during the same time frame, and similar ports, for unlimited drinks, food, outdoor pool and two hot tubs with no change in price. Best move we ever made.

Yes the prices are way up especially the suites. The same forward penthouse on Getaway I had in 2015 is $2500 more in 2016 :eek:

Congrats to those finding deals. I found that even inside cabins are higher too. I am still hoping these "free" deals fade away and we can get back to realville pricing. I never wanted or bought the $750 UBP before so please don't add it to my cruise fare and tell me its free ;)

NCL is booking the suites at these crazy prices so they may not come down.

Yes the prices are way up especially the suites. The same forward penthouse on Getaway I had in 2015 is $2500 more in 2016 :eek:

Congrats to those finding deals. I found that even inside cabins are higher too. I am still hoping these "free" deals fade away and we can get back to realville pricing. I never wanted or bought the $750 UBP before so please don't add it to my cruise fare and tell me its free ;)

I totally agree David. We don't drink so the UBP isn't of value to us either. I would much rather pay a reasonable base price than to have it added automatically. I have been reading a lot about people calling the upsell department closer to sailing and I just wish they would price the suites closer to what they are truly willing to accept to begin with. I know it's all a money game but hopefully a large enough percentage of people not purchasing will happen so the prices will begin to come down. A girl can only hope.

I agree that suite prices have seen a dramatic increase past year but in many regions they are selling out with the higher prices. much more profit to sell most suites at a much higher price and if a few left over offer upsells. They won't be reducing prices unless the rooms stop selling. You or I might look elsewhere but somebody is buying at the new prices. How about the gv on the Jade this summer ranging from 52-64k. That's pricing for two in a stateroom. All in on the 14 nt with 6 @ 70k. People are paying it though. Last year on the same sailing they gave away the gv as a bingo prize. Kids and I played for it. From my estimate bingo card sales covered this kind of fare.

NCL's med itineraries are really popular. They sell their suites for much higher as a result.

I have two deposits for med. I like the Jade itinerary much better but the Celebrity silhouette S suite, which includes access to Michaels club, luminae for meals...is actually all in (after adjusting for dining, beverage, dsc, and that we will not need spa and Internet pkg on celebrity) only $300 more than the inside on the Jade. Final payment due soon. Both 14 nt and departing same day. Leaning toward the Jade bc of itinerary but hate to give up the incredible deal on the Silhouette. I would never have considered Celebrity for med until they relaxed their dress code. Their drink pkg also includes speciality coffees, canned soda and bottled waters which for a non drinker is a big deal.

Given how easy it is to get an Upsell these days, NCL is most certainly not booking many of these suites at these prices.

Given how easy it is to get an Upsell these days, NCL is most certainly not booking many of these suites at these prices.

Take a look at the Europe availability of suites this summer. Those are selling and selling at much higher prices than I've ever seen.

We have also made the jump to MSC YC from NCL Suites/Haven because the suite prices have become insane in our mind. We still check NCL monthly to see if we can find any deals for dates we can sale but for our three past cruises MSC YC has come in $2,000 or more less. Other than smaller rooms the YC is superior than the haven in our book. However, MSC's website is not for the faint of heart. It is pretty much total crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have also made the jump to MSC YC from NCL Suites/Haven because the suite prices have become insane in our mind. We still check NCL monthly to see if we can find any deals for dates we can sale but for our three past cruises MSC YC has come in $2,000 or more less. Other than smaller rooms the YC is superior than the haven in our book. However, MSC's website is not for the faint of heart. It is pretty much total crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slapulator- Try phoning in and asking for one of the 'square' suites. They don't cost any more than the regular suites. DH and I got one in Dec last year and it was HUGE. And a much longer balcony, too. ;)

All I know is NCL was cheaper for 7 days to Bermuda than RCCL was for 5 days plus we got the drink package. It was a no brainer, and we have an enormous aft balcony. So we are doing our first NCL cruise after exclusively sailing RCCL.

Exactly.