Double Check When Booking!

Lisalk12

DCL does the same thing as well with onboard bookings. They will usually ask if they want to leave it with same agent (otherwise it goes to DCL) but depending on who is onboard making the booking, they may not be as diligent in asking. DCL gives 30 days to transfer bookings to different agent made directly onboard so if you didn't want last agent and said to book with cruiseline direct, then you could still change it up to 30 days after initial booking (on DCL).

So... NCL isn't too far off leaving with same agent because I have seen it done that way personally on DCL.

This is standard procedure also on other cruise lines, imagine the outrage from TAs if cruise lines started to steal their customers by default.

I'm sure this is the reason it is done this way. NCL didn't want to piss travel agents off when they started doing bookings on board.

When we booked on board the Sun in February, the Cruise Next Rep clearly stated that the reservation would be transferred to the travel agent we had used for the current cruise and asked if that was ok with us.

It did take 3-4 weeks before the transfer took place though so a change I wanted to make the week after we booked, I called NCL directly.