Water Taxi or Regular Taxi to Atlantis?

karen_g

Ok, after much research we have decided to just go over to the Atlantis on our own when we are in Nassau next March. We will just wander around the public areas and do the $29 tour of the Digs.

My only undecided part: Which is better, taking the Water Taxi over from the ship to the Atlantis or else just taking a regular taxi? Our ship is scheduled to be in Nassau from 1 pm to 7 pm, which is plenty of time to see what we want to see, so I don't think speed is that much of an issue. Is the water taxi especially enjoyable or is it more annoying to have to wait for it to fill up, etc?

Would love to hear any thoughts or opinions...

Karen

The water taxi is enjoyable if the weather is good and you have time.

They don't wait til they fill up, they have 30 minutes to board as many people as they can. They are on a time clock. They have to leave in 30 minutes whether they have 2 ppl or 50ppl.

You can walk around the area as they are boarding others, and board just before they leave. No need to wait onboard.

You can play it by ear, taxi's are waiting nearby.

We used the boat the last time, it was enjoyable, looking at the homes and boats....problem is you have a little walk to the hotel. I have heard that with the taxi, they drop you off at the door. Plan on the taxi when we're there this january.

Archived