Aft cabins Ventura and Arcadia

Presto2

Hi

We are still looking at cruises for 2017 and have noticed that there are some decent looking aft cabins on Ventura and Arcadia...well we think they are. We have priced up one on Ventura that has been recommended by a fellow CC member B749 and on Arcadia we have looked at D187. We have also looked at the superior deluxe cabins towards the front that seem to have huge balconies but are over looked from abive.

I generally love an aft balcony as long as it is not shaded too much so I can live with too much sun ! We also want a nice open view - so no obstructions.

Has anyone any idea what these cabins are like on these ships please.

Many thanks

Hi Presto, We have had a corner aft balcony twice on Ventura C753. Fantastic position with your own private corridor. Big balcony and fab views of the wake. We did have rough seas in October and there was quite a bit more movement than we are used to:eek: This wouldn't stop me booking again and they were the same price as normal balconies:D:D

Hi Presto, We have had a corner aft balcony twice on Ventura C753. Fantastic position with your own private corridor. Big balcony and fab views of the wake. We did have rough seas in October and there was quite a bit more movement than we are used to:eek: This wouldn't stop me booking again and they were the same price as normal balconies:D:D

Hi, thanks for this. I think that the cabin is the one below the one suggested by another CC member. We priced that one up today and it was a really good deal for the 17 day cruise. 10 sea days but if I had a balcony with a good view and the possibility of a decent cabin I would be happy with that.

Just to ask - is the view affected by that horrible pillar that Ventura and Azura seem to have at the back? Thanks

All the aft corner cabins are unaffected by pillars so the balconies are huge and the views amazing. However I have to say they don't get constant sun as they are shaded by the balconies above. Much as we love aft balconies we've booked a C deck for our cruise on Ventura to the Caribbean which is the best of both worlds

All the aft corner cabins are unaffected by pillars so the balconies are huge and the views amazing. However I have to say they don't get constant sun as they are shaded by the balconies above. Much as we love aft balconies we've booked a C deck for our cruise on Ventura to the Caribbean which is the best of both worlds

Hi, how shaded? All the time and over the top of your balcony or half and half? Sorry to be picky but I like to do my research and know what I am getting :)

Are the C deck ones the ones on the side - the superior deluxe ones ? Have looked at those as well though it is more expensive.

I can recommend D732 on the Ventura as it has a double size balcony. I've booked that cabin for a cruise later this month.

Hi, is it full shade or partial shade - it looks like it is one of those overlooked from above with a huge balcony. I had looked at one like it and noticed that it has a metal balcony side?

Hi, is it full shade or partial shade - it looks like it is one of those overlooked from above with a huge balcony. I had looked at one like it and noticed that it has a metal balcony side?

There is no shade. It is overlooked from above but if you want sun that is inevitable. The balcony has a glass side to the area immediately outside the sliding door but a metal side at the curved rear.

Edited by whoops

We had B748 on Ventura which was great, although there was noise from some sort of staff door close by. I can't remember the sun/shade ratio sorry - but I don't recall being unhappy. We have also had an aft balcony on Arcadia on C deck which was half sun half shade, I can't remember more than that but again not unhappy although this was a corner suite so may have had more sun from the side. On Arcadia D deck is completely covered and other posters have said this makes the cabin dark. Other posters have also commented that E deck is huge and best of all worlds.

We had B748 on Ventura which was great, although there was noise from some sort of staff door close by. I can't remember the sun/shade ratio sorry - but I don't recall being unhappy. We have also had an aft balcony on Arcadia on C deck which was half sun half shade, I can't remember more than that but again not unhappy although this was a corner suite so may have had more sun from the side. On Arcadia D deck is completely covered and other posters have said this makes the cabin dark. Other posters have also commented that E deck is huge and best of all worlds.

Thank you - a brilliant help :)