Permission to take wine onboard

I am sailing on the Grandeur out of Baltimore in May. I read on an RCCL site that I Googled that I am allowed to take 2 750ml personal bottles of wine on board when initially boarding and that there is no corkage fee. Is it still true? Anyone ever do this?

Correct. You can bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom (not per person). No corkage fee, and they'll store the bottle for you between meals. (They'll even serve it for you in different specialty restaurants.) -- You can do the first night in the MDR with the bottle and have the waiter keep the bottle and they'll retrieve it for you if you're having dinner in Chops the next night, etc.

Hope that helps!

The UK website still says there is a Corkage Fee........ :mad:

Click on the Link 'What Not To Pack' , then look under 'Alcoholic Beverages' http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/planning-and-preparation/what-and-what-not-to-pack/

It's quite common for Royal to not completely update their website. They also do list the correct information.

There is no corkage fee.

Food & Beverage

Print This Page

Q: Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee?

A:

No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

Edited by Ourusualbeach