Summer 2017 Launch

Some bits and pieces now coming through for next weeks launch. They're teasing on the website 16 new ports of call, one very good offer (guessing free AI) and a new home port (probably Newcastle, unless they're got something else also up their sleeves).

They usually do a press release with more detailed info at some point this week. Keep checking your inboxes also in case they send out the brochure link before launch like they have done in the past.

I have a booking appointment with my TA on the 21st and was just wondering whether we would have an idea of prices for the ex-Newcastle cruises before I go. The Celebration itineraries from Newcastle have been on FB for a few weeks now.

I wanted to have a look at prices a bit sooner also. Want to know Celebration's fjords cruises and to see Discovery's new itineraries with Rome, as I've done the Rome itinerary it's doing this year.

I think the best we're going to get is if they email the brochure out beforehand, although it seems to be a bit random who actually gets the email sometimes.

If anyone gets it, please can you post the link on here for us all. :)

Also new on TUI Discovery will be the ability to order a drink at the touch of a button on The Veranda sun deck.

Self service kiosks will be available to book dinner, spa and entertainment reservations, and a high tech holiday and shore excursion shop is to be added.

New Med ports include Piombino (for Tuscany), Pula (Croatia), Taranto (Italy), Ciutadella (Menorca) and Zakynthos.

New flights include London Southend to Palma and Doncaster Sheffield to Dubrovnik.

Full press release below:

http://press.thomson.co.uk/all-inclusive-takes-to-the-seas-this-summer-with-newly-re-named-tui-discovery/

Edited by Sailaway487

"Entertainment reservations"

That sounds ominous!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Exactly

Still reading the link, but must comment on this

Customers will be able to summon their favourite tipple at the touch of a button from their sun lounger on adults-only deck, The Veranda.

I hope there is a "no ice" button.

:D

And a no lemon button

Why o why does it have to be high tech,drinks at the touch of a button,kiosks for booking dinner and entertainment,it takes me all my time to switch on my mobile :D.Whatever happened to just turning up for dinner and entertainment when ever or whatever the you wanted

AI as standard must be next year or later this year as still showing a charge for drinks package for June this year

As PC says if AI is standard no incentive to book early apart from securing preferred flight/ airport/ cabin

Sure AI as standard will be reflected in their pricing

AI as standard must be next year or later this year as still showing a charge for drinks package for June this year

As PC says if AI is standard no incentive to book early apart from securing preferred flight/ airport/ cabin

Sure AI as standard will be reflected in their pricing

Wonder if the included AI will become same as IE was , joe bloggs with a supplement for branded.

With upcoming larger and 'better quality' ships I would hope that TUI will position the AI somewhat more upmarket than basic drinks plus the decent stuff attracting a supplement.

We don't want a repeat of the platinum episode :rolleyes:

Early bookers for the summer 2017 season will benefit from a free drinks package upgrade on all summer 2017 sailings and selected winter 2016/17 sailings across the fleet.

from this comment on the press release looks like the other ships won't be going the same as the discovery

"Entertainment reservations"

That sounds ominous!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Heard there is all new shows and they are going to be 7 entertainment hosts as well as the cd aul fisher the acd is christina (wellard) not 100% sure on her surname

My ta is off on a 3 night cruise for thomson ta's on the 8th of june for 3 nights with just the one port of barcelona

Early bookers for the summer 2017 season will benefit from a free drinks package upgrade on all summer 2017 sailings and selected winter 2016/17 sailings across the fleet.

from this comment on the press release looks like the other ships won't be going the same as the discovery

Is that not just the same as it is at present for Thomson cruises,early bookers benefit from free drinks package?