Anytime Dining on the Grand

stephenandrew

Several years ago, we (my wife and two kids) took a Carribbean cruise on the Grand and selected Anytime Dining. As things worked out, we really liked our wait staff the first evening, and the maitre'd was kind enough to reserve the same table for us every night at 7:00PM. Several years later, my wife and I took a trip on the Dawn (Alaska) with another couple, and again had Anytime Dining. Again, we liked our wait staff, but this time, we were uanble to secure a standing reservation---instead we were told that we would have to make a reservation each evening---this was fine-not a problem for us--just not waht I exepected based on my expereince on the Grand.

Anyway, my wife and I are again taking a cruise on the Grand, and this time, Anytime Dining selected us---Traditonal was all taken! If we choose, will we be able to make a standing reservation for the week in the Anytime Dining Room, or will we have to make a reservation each evening? (I know we can also just show up and be seated when space is available.) We are cruising alone this time, so if it matters, it will just be the two of us for dinner.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks

We were on the Grand last year and chose anytime dining. We noticed that there were some passengers that seemed to walk up and be seated by a very friendly (not so friendly to the rest of us) :confused: host even though there was a wait for the rest of us. We figured they probably gave a nice tip their first night and were taken care of for the remainder. ...just an observation and a thought.

We just returned from a cruise on the Grand (Rome to Venice). We had Anytime Dining for the first time. We prefer Late Sitting, but it was filled. Our first nignt we reserved a table for four (we were four traveling together) at 8 pm. We liked our waiters and on the way out, requested our table (#40) for 8 pm for the remainder of the cruise. They gladly honored our request and every night we showed up at 8 pm and our table was waiting for us. And no tip is reqiured.

Archived