Balcony Guarantee Room Assigned in 3 Days

I have never booked a guarantee cabin before, but I couldn't pass up the cruise rate 3 days ago for a neighborhood balcony on Oasis on 10/8/16. Never expected a room assignment this soon, but I was assigned 11199 in Central Park. It's a connecting cabin, but I can live with that. I'm excited. Our last Royal cruise was in 2004 so I feel like a newbie and have some catching up to do. I'll be spending lots of time on cruise critic in the coming months.

Thought you might have been able to change the cabin within the same category but that's not an option being that any cabin in the same category as 11199 are all connecting cabins. The only thing you can do is continue to watch pricing and if another balcony category drops in price you may be able to upgrade at the same cost as the guarantee . Not a certainty but it's always worth continuing to check.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thx for posting! My wife and i are on the 10/1/16 Oasis sailing. We also had the balcony room guarantee. I logged in and saw we were assigned too. We've had two guarantees previously, and never had an assignment this early. We couldn't be happier - especially with the price we paid! Had we not done the guarantee, we'd be paying an extra $600+!

I was surprised how fast we were assigned our GTY balcony on our upcoming cruise

We booked on a Friday and cabin assigned on Monday.

We wernt even close to final payment

We didn't like the actual cabin location and changed it after final payment when I guess someone cancelled or upgraded