Time for 2 Excursions??

KYCRSER

Trying to decide on the best excursion in St. Thomas (Nov 19th Sunshine). Is there enough time for 2 excursion?

My opinion is that the best excursion on St. Thomas is to go to St. John, particularly Trunk Bay. That is easily one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever seen.

I haven't done any of the ship's excursions in St Thomas. With this island, you don't need them for most things. I have gone to 2 different beaches on St Thomas on one trip. 3 hours at Magens Bay, followed by 3 hours at Sapphire Beach. We had 11 hours in port, so we still got back to the ship in plenty of time.

I also agree that St John is an amazing island, and Trunk Bay is spectacular. St Thomas & it's beaches are also quite amazing, but St John is actually even better. If you do opt for St John, then I highly recommend going over there on your own. It's very easy to do, with a small amount of easy research. We were over there at Trunk Bay, seeing the ship's excursions arrive & then have to leave 30-45 minutes later. Meanwhile, we got to stay for several hours & fully enjoy the beach instead of being rushed.

OP, let us know the hours that you will be in St Thomas. It's hard to say if you'll have enough time for 2 excursions without knowing how long you'll be there. At most ports, they don't schedule excursions to start later in the day, after other tours have already returned. Exceptions would certainly be where you have a very long time in port, or perhaps a time in port such as 1pm-10pm, where a sunset sail might begin around 6pm. I had one of those scheduled for Cozumel, before the port got cancelled on that sailing, and then they stopped having those 8am-10pm port times in Cozumel.

Edited by k2excursion

I haven't done any of the ship's excursions in St Thomas. With this island, you don't need them for most things. I have gone to 2 different beaches on St Thomas on one trip. 3 hours at Magens Bay, followed by 3 hours at Sapphire Beach. We had 11 hours in port, so we still got back to the ship in plenty of time.

I also agree that St John is an amazing island, and Trunk Bay is spectacular. St Thomas & it's beaches are also quite amazing, but St John is actually even better. If you do opt for St John, then I highly recommend going over there on your own. It's very easy to do, with a small amount of easy research. We were over there at Trunk Bay, seeing the ship's excursions arrive & then have to leave 30-45 minutes later. Meanwhile, we got to stay for several hours & fully enjoy the beach instead of being rushed.

OP, let us know the hours that you will be in St Thomas. It's hard to say if you'll have enough time for 2 excursions without knowing how long you'll be there. At most ports, they don't schedule excursions to start later in the day, after other tours have already returned. Exceptions would certainly be where you have a very long time in port, or perhaps a time in port such as 1pm-10pm, where a sunset sail might begin around 6pm. I had one of those scheduled for Cozumel, before the port got cancelled on that sailing, and then they stopped having those 8am-10pm port times in Cozumel.

I'm interested in learning more about traveling to St. John. We will be in port from 7:30-3:30.

I'm interested in learning more about traveling to St. John. We will be in port from 7:30-3:30.

Go to port of call pages and you will see more details but simply put take bus or taxi to other side of island, ferry to st john and than taxi to beach of your choice and than reverse.

If you do this make sure you watch the time carefully (and pay particular attention to ferry schedule) to make sure you are back before sailing.

It all depends on what time the excursions leave.I have done two ships excursions without a problem. The last one was in St. Kitts. One was my first experience at zip-lining and the second was a rum tour in case I needed fortification from the first tour. Sometimes I will do an early morning tour, come back to the ship for lunch, and then do an afternoon tour.

Oh, those hours are tricky. They do have an 8:00 ferry, but it would be very tight for you to make it onto that one. That probably puts you on the 9:00 ferry to St John, and arriving at your beach of choice around 9:30-9:45. I would want to catch the 1:00 ferry back to St Thomas, getting you back to the ship around 1:45 or so, with over an hour to spare. The 2:00 ferry might work out, but no time for any shopping, and you may just barely make the 3:00-all-aboard time. So for me, definitely the 1:00 ferry back, and to make sure you get on it, leave the beach shortly after 12:00. That means you get between 2 & 2.5 hours at the beach.

Because of that, I would probably stay on St Thomas with those hours, to allow myself much more beach time. Coki Beach is a nice beach with great snorkeling, and Coral World is right next door.