UK citizenship

Welsh Lass

Apologies for this long winded post! We are UK citizens living in the US for 3 years on a work visa. I just tried checking in online for our 1st Carnival cruise in July. When it came to the citizenship part, it allowed me to input the UK as our counrty of citizenship but then as I put our counrty of residence as the US, it asked for our permanent residence card number which we don't posses being UK citizens. Our travel agent & Carnival could not find a way around this and suggested I put our Visa numbers in and "everything should be ok when you check in at the port" Has anyone experienced this and is able offer me advice? Thanks!

The problem is your country of residence. It is not the US it is the UK. You are only here on a work visa and not considered a resident unless you have a green card. Complete the on board check and out the UK as your country of residence.

I can't really comment on this but I suppose that you should have a UK passport at the ready which I assume you do and of course the Visa and take both with you to board the ship and all should go well. Take both your Visa and your Passport when you step foot on foreign soil just in case anything should arise. I'm no expert here, just thinking out loud. I think I might give Carnival another call and see what they recommend as to boarding, leaving the ship for excursions and getting back on the ship in port and of course, disembarkation at the home port just to make sure you have your bases covered. I'm sure there are much wiser travelers here who could advise you.