If you could only afford a suite once....

jabrown40

I am thinking of upgrading to a suite for our March 2017 cruise. This is a bit of a leap for us. We are currently in Aqua. It is a seven day Eastern Caribbean, and I already planned one dinner - the chef excursion in St. Maarten, followed by a private dinner that evening. We will be eating in San Juan for another dinner because of the evening port time another night. We only have three days in port, the rest at sea. It would be 2600.00 more for the seven nights. However, in August 2017, we will be on the Silhouette for a twelve night British Isles cruise. (Also AQ) That difference in price is huge - 5300.00. Very port intensive however. I did the math, and know the difference between the daily rates for each person. But considering itineraries, what do others think? When would the suite be most appreciated? (I know the obvious answer is "both", but really, just one!)

Go for the cruise with the most sea days where you're not going to be running from port to port. You want to slow down and enjoy it.

And by the way, we will be on that 2017 Aug British Isles cruise too (Silhouette)!

Edited by mickeysgal

I've always thought if I would splash out on a suite it would be an itinerary with lots of sea days. To give a chance to enjoy the Suite, the verandah and all related perks (Luminae, Michaels Club) etc. I'm not sure on a port intensive itinerary you will maximise the $$ splurge. I would love to have one on a transatlantic sailing [emoji1]YMMV.

Totally agree! I enjoy full suites the most when on a TA or a cruise with many sea days. My last Hawaiian cruise was supposed to have 9 sea days, but actually ended up with 12 sea days because of a fire on the ship. I had an aft suite and enjoyed that suite more than on any other cruise.

Despite loving full suites, for port intensive trips I get a Veranda or Aqua on Celebrity and a minisuite on Princess.

But didn't you find the toilet paper holder was hard to reach?

Isn't that what the butler is for?! [emoji43][emoji33]

Sorry,,,couldn't resist!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk