March 26-April 2 Summit "review"

vuildog

Is this really true? I never knew that! Do they give you a hard time about eating there on embarkation day or just simply let you in? Does anyone know what the menu is?

Yes, it's true. I was on this cruise and in concierge and got the invite. I didn't notice until after we had eaten and gotten to our rooms. There was a little card in the sleeve they give you w/ your seapass card that let you know you were invited to dine in the MDR and meet the concierge. No clue about the menu since we didn't go.

Yes, it's true. I was on this cruise and in concierge and got the invite. I didn't notice until after we had eaten and gotten to our rooms. There was a little card in the sleeve they give you w/ your seapass card that let you know you were invited to dine in the MDR and meet the concierge. No clue about the menu since we didn't go.

Hello, Sonya! It's your "neighbor", Betsy. Such a small world our cabins were right next to each other.:p It was a pleasure meeting you, and your nieces. Hope we meet again on a future cruise. How about the 06/05 Summit sailing to Bermuda?? I know you want to come.....

Sea days are my favorite part of cruising. Love hanging out, with no agenda. I unfortunately ruined our only sea day, by having too much fun the day before. My mom left our cabin about 8:30, to head to the pool. She was able to snag one of the double “beds”, by the stage.

I managed to crawl out of bed about 9:15, and join her on deck. It was another beautiful day. Perfect, actually! I spent the day rotating between sleeping, and going inside to cool off. No drinking for me today. I really want to blame the peartini’s, but I guess I only have myself to blame.

About 4ish, we headed to our spot for some Scrabble, wine for my mom, and more water for me. I did order an Amstel Light, but just couldn’t face it. I decided I needed a nice long, hot, shower. We headed back to our cabin to get cleaned up.

Ended up going to the Ocenview Café for dinner. Went to the grill, and ordered our food. Steak, chicken, fish are all options. I think there were some other options as well. Mom had the steak, and said it was very good. I managed to choke down some chicken. Was also very good. What I like about the grill is the entrée is cooked to order, so it is HOT. I feel like cruise food is always cold. Finished our dinner, and headed to the Rendezvous Lounge . They were having karaoke tryouts again, and no takers. Finally got a few people to sing, but then the band arrived to take over the stage. I guess Celebrity cruisers aren’t into karaoke!! Watched the band for a little bit, and chatted with Mark, the bartender. He told me a mudslide would cure my hangover. Sign me up if it works. Got our drinks, and headed to our cabin for bed. Tomorrow we have a busy day ahead of ourselves.

Hello, Sonya! It's your "neighbor", Betsy. Such a small world our cabins were right next to each other.:p It was a pleasure meeting you, and your nieces. Hope we meet again on a future cruise. How about the 06/05 Summit sailing to Bermuda?? I know you want to come.....

It was a pleasure meeting you and your mom as well. I sure was happy we were chatting on the balcony when I realized I got locked out there. The girls claim it wasn't them and that it just happens sometimes. You should join me on the 12/10 Summit sailing.

On our March cruise, concierge were invited to lunch in the mdr. It was a very nice meal but larger than we might have thought about. They did provide a place for you to leave carry-owns. All in all it was a nice change from the crowd in ocean view. We figured they did this to relieve ocean view from the huge onslaught all at once--there was a huge music event in Miami and we were all told to get to the port early. Embarkation was mobbed but moved quickly.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your mom as well. I sure was happy we were chatting on the balcony when I realized I got locked out there. The girls claim it wasn't them and that it just happens sometimes. You should join me on the 12/10 Summit sailing.

I completely forgot about you getting locked out of the cabin!:eek: How could i forget? I think it is so funny you recognized my voice. We don't really even know each other, and you already knew what I sound like! :p Hope that is a good thing!

Would love to join you on the 12/10 sailing, but I have to save my last week of vacation for Newport Beach over Christmas!

But I have a sneaking suspicion we WILL meet again.

On our March cruise, concierge were invited to lunch in the mdr. It was a very nice meal but larger than we might have thought about. They did provide a place for you to leave carry-owns. All in all it was a nice change from the crowd in ocean view. We figured they did this to relieve ocean view from the huge onslaught all at once--there was a huge music event in Miami and we were all told to get to the port early. Embarkation was mobbed but moved quickly.

I agree completely. Was nice to not fight the crowds, and bags! Definitely too much food for lunch. This is why i stuck with just the chicken in the phyllo.

What did you have?

Thank you so much for the info. Now we have another good choice for embarkation lunch, thanks!