NCL Spirit, 1 day cruise embarkation

delidan30

Just returned , had a great time, food and service was great. The ship is beautiful. It change my mind about NCL. I had vowed I would never sail on them again after last years cruise on the wind in Hawaii. I thought it was going to be my last"freestyle" but the Spirit changed my mind. The only problem was embackation ONE HOUR AND FORTYFIVE MINUTES SPENT STANDING IN LINE. By the time we got on board we couldn't have lunch because all resturants had to close for boat drill at 4:00, which was then move to 5:00 then 5:30 because so many peole were still in line. The five PM sailing finally took place at 6:30

over 30 cruises from the old Homeric to the Crystal Symphony

Yes, the Spirit is a wonderful beatiful unique ship. I have sailed on some of the older ships which have their old charms, but sailing on one of the newer ships designed with freestyle dining in mind is wonderful. What held up the embarkation line so long?

They had major problems with their computer systems at check-in. It took most people 10-15 minutes just to check-in, even with all forms filled-out and e-Docs. The person that helped us said that normally they do check-in "by hand" and that it would take 20 seconds.

Archived