POM and Boarding (FTTF)

ATC64

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. This will be our 5th cruise and have a couple of questions I hope you can help me out with. Cruising out of Miami on Labor Day for a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Fantasy.

1. Flying into Miami but riding to the port with my mom and step dad in their car and parking at the POM. Will we drop off the bags then park? I will be sure to tip the porter.

2. Will we have a boarding window time with FTTF?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. This will be our 5th cruise and have a couple of questions I hope you can help me out with. Cruising out of Miami on Labor Day for a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Fantasy.

1. Flying into Miami but riding to the port with my mom and step dad in their car and parking at the POM. Will we drop off the bags then park? I will be sure to tip the porter.

2. Will we have a boarding window time with FTTF?

Thanks!

I last did FTTF in Miami last October, and I arrived at the port at about 10.30am, was checked in quickly and sitting, waiting to board by about 10.50am. Boarding started approximately at 11.30, with weddings, diamond and platinum guests, then FTTF. I was on board by just before noon, about 11.50.

The only thing that has changed since then, is that Miami now has staggered arrival at port/checkin times. So not sure if this will speed things up or not, but hopefully will result in less crowding in the boarding terminal at least.

Either way, I like FTTF. It works for me, for a variety of reasons, personal to me.

You also now have to pick a checkin time/but regardless of what you get, with FTTF, you can still come early, which is the point of having it.

I think you can count on boarding anytime between 11.30 and 12.00 noon.

Have a great cruise.

oops, just re read, you are flying in to Miami...does that mean, day of the cruise? if so,,,the time of arrival of your flight will make a difference. If early arrival, all should be as above.

Edited by SMSACE6

You can do either, drop off first or park first. The parking lot and garage are both across the street from the two Carnival terminals. You will have to choose a check in time, but with FTTF you can arrive at any time. You will be put behind diamond and platinum at check in.