Dining on Thomson

Booked a cruise on Discovery and as a first time Thomson cruiser, I'm wondering if they do anything similar to RCI's My Time Dining? Also is possisble to get tables for two on Thomson and do they need to be booked before the cruise?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Booked a cruise on Discovery and as a first time Thomson cruiser, I'm wondering if they do anything similar to RCI's My Time Dining? Also is possisble to get tables for two on Thomson and do they need to be booked before the cruise?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

On Thomson it is free dining so you eat whenever you want and don't pre-book apart from in the payable restaurants (don't think you can book before boarding).

Discovery isn't part of their fleet yet so don't know about tables but plenty of tables for 2 in the MDRs of their other ships - we have never had to share on 6 Thomson cruises. We prefer tables for 2 as I am partially deaf and find it embarrassing to continually ask people to repeat themselves when I don't hear what they say. If you eat early there is usually no wait for a table for 2 but, at peak times, you may have a bit of a wait for one to become available. If you want to eat at the same time each night and like the table you get first night the waiters will generally hold it for you for the rest of your cruise; I know that this annoys a lot of people but we have always appreciated it.

Edited by campolady

Sorry can't give a comparison to RCI but in in all out years with Thomson, and that's many, you can always get a table for two, they will ask if you wish to share if you say no they will accommodate you. Although we have only had problems a couple of times its nice to meet new friends, which is the norm on Thomson cruises, if you are worried ask for a table for six or eight so you can cut out the ' lotto winners' 😕 . You only have to book for speciality restaurants. If you do like to eat early and find a particular table to your liking the waiter may 'try' to get it for you. Don't worry yo will enjoy.😀😀