Need quick advice please - b2b luggage issue

tonto524

Again, we've left the ship at least a half dozen times on our B2Bs, with luggage. We walked our bags off and we couldn't get back on until general boarding. If my next "live from" starts on the Eurodam, and ends in the pokie, you'll know that off loading isn't allowed.

That crossed my mind and may indeed be the problem. Obviously a cross check, even hours or days later, would show passengers leaving the ship who were supposedly staying on. I do wonder if HAL, and other cruise lines, are still required to clear the ship of even back-to-back passengers and then have them reboard? Seems to me there would be a way though to work with CBP to make the luggage exchange happen.

On the b2b we did on RCI we all had to check out of the ship so they could get to zero. Then we all (112 of us !) checked back in. But in the current case, they would let them leave the ship but not with any luggage. So strange.

Anyway, I've texted her butno reply. I hope they THEY aren't in the pokey!

Edited by tonto524

Well, folks, my friends apparently went to Guest Relations to ask for luggage tags for the bags they were going to leave in FL. They were told that they couldn't take anything off as they were continuing on the TA. They spoke to the supvr and then the mgr of Guest Relations, none of whom would budge on the issue. They were told that they or the ship would be fined. Rather than walk their summer clothes luggage off and risk problems, they left everything on the ship and walked off with just her purse and are now at lunch somewhere near the ship. From everyone 's experiences with this, I'm sure there would have been no violation if they had walked a bag or two off and gone through Customs (and they aren't reentering the US until May 8). It's a real shame IMHO that they'll now have to pay excess weight and luggage charges in Europe and coming home. Thanks for all of your input !

Londa

A couple of years ago, we sailed TA on the Ryndam which docked in Tampa before continuing on to the Western Caribbean (which we were booked on). We got off with sacks full of items; declared what was needed to be declared; walked to the local USPO; and mailed the items home so we didn't need to carry so many items in our luggage when we finally disembarked a week later. No problemo. I don't remember if we received the declaration forms on the ship or in the terminal.