Norwegian Escape - Deck 15 below the pools?

Baldy777

Hi All,

First time creating a new post on these boards. We are sailing on the Escape later this summer and have a mid-ship mini-suite with balcony (MA category), starboard side.

As near as I can tell from the deck plans, we are basically under the area where the pool and hot tubs are located. I've seen some reviews here and in other places where noise from the upper deck can potentially be an issue.

I'm not so worried about during the day (as we'll most likely be on deck ourselves), but rather, I'm worried about the noise from deck chairs being moved around overnight when the crew is cleaning.

Does anyone have any experience with being mid-ship on deck 15 just below the pool deck, and getting noise in the cabin??? My agent has said she hasn't heard anything bad, but she can still get us switched to the same category of cabin on deck 14.

Wanted to get the thoughts and experiences of those on this message board....

Thanks!

I sail on the 14th of May and the main reason I chose a lower level (deck 11) is due to reading those complaints about chairs, plus on other cruises, I've specifically gotten rooms where you aren't directly under the pool or dining areas. In my opinion, I would switch, but that's me.

We were on 15 on Escape, but we were Aft and directly underneath the Garden Cafe. I thought we would hear all sorts of chairs being scraped and moved around, but never heard anything. Of course, there is carpet there, which is a big difference from chairs on the pool deck.

I actually liked the overhang from the balcony, but we are not big "sit in the sun" people.

We were on 15 on Escape, but we were Aft and directly underneath the Garden Cafe. I thought we would hear all sorts of chairs being scraped and moved around, but never heard anything. Of course, there is carpet there, which is a big difference from chairs on the pool deck.

I actually liked the overhang from the balcony, but we are not big "sit in the sun" people.

Blackwing,

I am happy to hear this I just got assigned room 15844 for my May 21st cruise and I was worried being under the Garden Café. I don't mind the shade on the balcony either!

Blackwing,

I am happy to hear this I just got assigned room 15844 for my May 21st cruise and I was worried being under the Garden Café. I don't mind the shade on the balcony either!

I don't mind the shade, but I want to be able to see the sky. :) We stayed on deck 14, and it was still a bit in the way, so we've moved down to deck 13 for our next cruise. All still get shade from the balconies above, but at least you can see the sky. I don't know why that's important to me, but it is.

1500K3__8486_zpswmrvn3nr.jpg

(Photo credit to Andreas Depping.)

We will be in Deck 15 Spa Balcony (15140) will there be an overhang on top of us? Basing on the deck plans, we seem to be above staterooms. Anyone ever stayed in Spa balcony Port side?

That's deck 15 in the photo with the big overhang above it. Yes, your cabin will be above the staterooms that are on deck 14, and yes, you will have that above you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's deck 15 in the photo with the big overhang above it. Yes, your cabin will be above the staterooms that are on deck 14, and yes, you will have that above you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oooops I meant staterooms in 16th seem to be above us :o Does the overhang go from front to back on 16th?

Edited by heckp

Oooops I meant staterooms in 16th seem to be above us :o Does the overhang go from front to back on 16th?

I see what you mean! I googled more photos for you, and looked at the deck plans for you. Your cabin is far enough forward that you are away from that overhang. You've got haven cabins above you instead. :). You can simply use Google like I did if you want to see.

I see what you mean! I googled more photos for you, and looked at the deck plans for you. Your cabin is far enough forward that you are away from that overhang. You've got haven cabins above you instead. :). You can simply use Google like I did if you want to see.

Thank you so much! Just like you, for some reason I like to see the sky :D. Very lucky to get this Spa balcony upsell from midship Inside. Got 3 adjacent cabins for us. I can probably ask them to remove the dividers of the balcony between the 3 rooms. Thanks again. Sailing in 18 days :)

Edited by heckp

Thanks for all the comments and opinions. I have been googling a lot of pictures myself and it appears that the one picture above is the overhang deck just below the ropes course which extends further than in other areas.

Our cabin is much closer to the forward bank of elevators, but still midship. However, it appears there is still an overhang until you forward of the front elevator banks.

I haven't been able to find a good close up image of the side of the boat.

I'm trying to get our cabin moved now and see what my options are, but think we may be safe on deck 14 if we are in the same area.

Thanks for the comments!!!

Thanks for all the comments and opinions. I have been googling a lot of pictures myself and it appears that the one picture above is the overhang deck just below the ropes course which extends further than in other areas.

Our cabin is much closer to the forward bank of elevators, but still midship. However, it appears there is still an overhang until you forward of the front elevator banks.

I haven't been able to find a good close up image of the side of the boat.

I'm trying to get our cabin moved now and see what my options are, but think we may be safe on deck 14 if we are in the same area.

Thanks for the comments!!!

This one shows Deck 14 forward, under the Haven cabins. Yes, you'd easily be able to see the sky there. :)

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=334&pid=11118#top_display_media

I just had our agent move us down to deck 14 to be safe. We are big fans of sitting out on the balcony at night checking out the stars, so at least we won't be blocked.

Also found this pic that shows a good view from above mid ship.

Picture1.jpg.85a44b161d12b51cd29090e58720b998.jpg

I don't mind the shade, but I want to be able to see the sky. :) We stayed on deck 14, and it was still a bit in the way, so we've moved down to deck 13 for our next cruise. All still get shade from the balconies above, but at least you can see the sky. I don't know why that's important to me, but it is.

1500K3__8486_zpswmrvn3nr.jpg

(Photo credit to Andreas Depping.)

Are you saying I will not be able to see the sky???:confused: I don't think it is that covered...

Are you saying I will not be able to see the sky???:confused: I don't think it is that covered...
You'll be able to see the sky, you will just see sky as part of the horizon. You won't be able to stand at your balcony and look up and see the stars, which is what I think it appears many people like.

We will be in Deck 15 Spa Balcony (15140) will there be an overhang on top of us? Basing on the deck plans, we seem to be above staterooms. Anyone ever stayed in Spa balcony Port side?

We were in 15156 and there was noise early morning setting up deck chairs, was it enough to really both us - no. If you want complete quite this isn't it, if you can sleep through a little noise or are early risers like us 6 or 7 no biggy. Didn't hear any noise at night.

One of the ships we had the pool slide above us, and was no problem at night because pool was closed by then. Always try to have rooms above you and below you and check to see how close you are to elevator as that can get noisy at times, unless you need to be close to them.

We were in 15156 and there was noise early morning setting up deck chairs, was it enough to really both us - no. If you want complete quite this isn't it, if you can sleep through a little noise or are early risers like us 6 or 7 no biggy. Didn't hear any noise at night.

Was this one of the angled balcony? Was it too windy being slanted?

Heckp, I've booked Spa balcony 15136, travelling September. Would be great if you could let me know if ok or should we try change. :)

Heckp, I've booked Spa balcony 15136, travelling September. Would be great if you could let me know if ok or should we try change. :)

Sure that's one of the 3 staterooms we booked. I'm actually hoping to have them remove the dividers between the 3 balconies to have a long balcony :-)