Alaska Infinity upgrade from 7080 to Aqua

lee2006

Hi all.

We are sailing the inside pasage end of May on Infinity and our group are currently in staterooms 7080 and 7049, they are the ones with the angled oversized balconies.

We can upgrade to A1 aqua on deck 11 for £136 per cabin so £68pp total for 7 nights. We are able to keep our free classic drinks package and $300 obc.

Obviously the main draw of aqua would be the use of Blu for breakfast and dinner but is it worth surrendering the views from the balcony we already have for aqua on deck 11?

Many thanks

First, on M class ships, AQ cabins are 20 sq ft larger than regular balconies. Second, IMO, breakfast and dinner in Blu outweigh a larger balcony, especially for the small difference in cost to upgrade. But in the end, only you can determine what is more important.

We've had that room before on the connie and it was wonderful. My advice would be since it's not a warm weather cruise would be to take the upgrade. It's rare to find that price difference between balcony and aqua so I would take it.

Thanks for the replies, we have decided to go for Aqua.

We can choose from the following rooms, has anyone stayed in any of them? I am guessing they are all much of a muchness but if anyone knows if any have any advantages such as veranda size etc I would be grateful for the info.

I was looking at 1136 right at the back for aft view etc but not sure if it would be noisier due to the stairs. Also heard that 1119 may have a slightly bigger veranda.

1119, 1123, 1125, 1127, 1132, 1135, 1136

Thanks again

Lee

First, on M class ships, AQ cabins are 20 sq ft larger than regular balconies. Second, IMO, breakfast and dinner in Blu outweigh a larger balcony, especially for the small difference in cost to upgrade. But in the end, only you can determine what is more important.

I have to disagree with this. We are just off Infinity - A1 cabin - (our first M class cruise, having exclusively cruised S class Aqua in the past.) IMO the 'regular' balconies on deck 11 are in fact smaller than on the S class - as evidenced by the lack of footstools. The only balconies that are bigger than S class are on the stern, and unfortunately (for us) these overhang the Oceanview cafe outdoor area and Oceanview bar, making them more subject to noise. However, I have to agree that the lure of Blu is what keeps us in Aqua rooms. We also like the fact that being higher up, we get better overall views than other cabins. Hope this helps.

the aqua balconies on deck 11 are not covered balconies either. so if you would like the balcony covered (which still allows some sunshine) choose an aqua cabin on deck 9. the balconies are covered there and you still get all the benefits of being in aqua class. those are considered A2 cabins.