Suite and FTTF

indychristine

Hello

We are sailing on the Triumph next month and have an Ocean Suite. I know having a suite you get some perks (not many from what I understand) so my question is...are there any benefits to having the FTTF along with a suite? We do like having our room ready upon boarding and the debark priority. I know with the suite we will get the embark priority, wasn't sure about debark.

We are going to Progresso and Cozumel. I do not know if we tender at either. Not sure where I can look that up.

Anyway.....feedback would be appreciated.

**Sorry for not knowing exactly what the suites offer. I am sure as I do more research I may find my answer- but it is always nice to hear from those that have actual experience! Thanks again!

According to Carnival's FAQ section Suites do get first access to stateroom, express luggage, and priority debarkation:

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines and have exclusive security screening lanes and express boarding lane. This is only available on embarkation day. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the general boarding line and board via the Faster to the Fun lane.

Note: Only VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests as well as guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations will have access to the Priority Check-In Lounge and proceed on board before FTTF guests.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone and line at Guest Services.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to. When ready to go ashore, if not on a Carnival shore excursion, present yourself at the Guest Services Desk.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Things to Remember

The FTTF price is not per person. One ticket per stateroom covers all occupants of the stateroom so only one guest needs to purchase but all occupants receive the benefits. For guests traveling with companions in separate staterooms, one FTTF package must be purchased by each stateroom for guests to board through the Faster to the Fun lane.

After purchasing the FTTF package, guests will need to re-print their boarding pass and luggage tags so the Faster to the Fun stamp reflects on the documents.

FTTF can only be purchased prior to the cruise; no al a carte services can be purchased onboard.

Check-In typically begins at approximately 11:00am but may vary by port. The boarding process (for all guests) starts at the published time provided in the documents as long as the debarkation process from the previous cruise has ended.

Thanks for the reply. You copied and pasted the FTTF benefits? Correct? I am only asking because the way it read I thought you were giving me Suite info. But I think those are FTTF perks?

The reason I was asking the original question was because there seems to be a lot of information coming from guests on CC that differs from what the CCL docs state. So I was hoping to get first hand experience feedback.

I do appreciate your taking the time to copy the info for me though!

The whole thing is a bit confusing to me, only because of what I have read here. But I think after seeing your reply I am going to go with- just trust what the CCL website says and do not read all the other stuff. :) Which means I want the FTTF, because we want the dedicated GS line as well as tendering...and the luggage, etc...

Thank you again! Have a great day!

I was going to delete this thread as it seems I really do not need the question answered, but I can't find the edit/delete button. Do not know why....

oh well!

If an admin reads this please feel free to delete! :)

Edited by indychristine

Thanks for the reply. You copied and pasted the FTTF benefits? Correct? I am only asking because the way it read I thought you were giving me Suite info. But I think those are FTTF perks?

The reason I was asking the original question was because there seems to be a lot of information coming from guests on CC that differs from what the CCL docs state. So I was hoping to get first hand experience feedback.

The whole thing is a bit confusing to me, only because of what I have read here. But I think after seeing your reply I am going to go with- just trust what the CCL website says and do not read all the other stuff. :) Which means I want the FTTF, because we want the dedicated GS line as well as tendering...and the luggage, etc...

Yes I posted this because you were wondering FTTF benefits vs suites. Since GS line and tendering aren't included you would probably want the FTTF. Luggage is included with the suite if you read through. Enjoy and good luck.

I'm in the same boat as you; we've got a suite for our next cruise, but i decided to purchase FTTF anyway because of the room being ready when we board, that's worth $50 to me not to have to lug our carryons around!!! Seems like that SHOULD be a suite perk, but from everything i've read i don't think it is....

I'm in the same boat as you; we've got a suite for our next cruise, but i decided to purchase FTTF anyway because of the room being ready when we board, that's worth $50 to me not to have to lug our carryons around!!! Seems like that SHOULD be a suite perk, but from everything i've read i don't think it is....

Yes we went ahead and got the FTTF too. I feel it's worth it too and agree you would think it would be a suite perk.

Hello

We are sailing on the Triumph next month and have an Ocean Suite. I know having a suite you get some perks (not many from what I understand) so my question is...are there any benefits to having the FTTF along with a suite? We do like having our room ready upon boarding and the debark priority. I know with the suite we will get the embark priority, wasn't sure about debark.

We are going to Progresso and Cozumel. I do not know if we tender at either. Not sure where I can look that up.

Anyway.....feedback would be appreciated.

**Sorry for not knowing exactly what the suites offer. I am sure as I do more research I may find my answer- but it is always nice to hear from those that have actual experience! Thanks again!

NO, You do not need to buy the FTTF if you are a suite guest. The perks for the 2 are basicly the same.

We are always in a suite and buy FTTF. It's worth it not to wait in the regular CS line. And each cruise we had to go to CS because of something that wasn't resolved by a phone call. Last cruise our toilet stopped working and calling maintenance resulted in eternal hold and then hangup!

NO, You do not need to buy the FTTF if you are a suite guest. The perks for the 2 are basicly the same.

That is not true ... the only benefit that a suite guest and FTTF have in common is priority boarding / disembarkation ... a suite guest does NOT have priority GS or tendering - nor do they have the room ready when you board.

We are always in a suite and buy FTTF. It's worth it not to wait in the regular CS line. And each cruise we had to go to CS because of something that wasn't resolved by a phone call. Last cruise our toilet stopped working and calling maintenance resulted in eternal hold and then hangup!

It is funny but this is one of the least mentioned reason, that I have read about, for getting FTTF, yet it is one of my main reasons too! We have really benefited from the dedicated line. :)

Edited by indychristine

That is not true ... the only benefit that a suite guest and FTTF have in common is priority boarding / disembarkation ... a suite guest does NOT have priority GS or tendering - nor do they have the room ready when you board.

Thank you Marianne!

That is what I have been trying to figure out, and the person you quoted is one of the examples of why I have been confused! ;)

I appreciate everyone giving me their thoughts! Thank you!

Thank you Marianne!

That is what I have been trying to figure out, and the person you quoted is one of the examples of why I have been confused! ;)

I would be boiling over if I had to wait in a line of complainers while my bathroom smelled up from the toilet not flushing. Was so much easier to walk up and be helped. And it happened twice on the last cruise!

I would be boiling over if I had to wait in a line of complainers while my bathroom smelled up from the toilet not flushing. Was so much easier to walk up and be helped. And it happened twice on the last cruise!

I can understand the frustration! I agree, the dedicated line is worth it! And would be even more so if our toilet was causing problems!

First - if your bathroom smelled up from a toilet you were unable to flush, you need to change your diet or see a doctor. Something is wrong.

Second - they were able to flush/unplug your toilet from the Guest Services Desk?

Thank you Marianne!

You are welcome! I completely understand the frustration when you get different answers --- if ever at a point that you just can't get the right answer or have questions ... I contact my PVP :)

I upgraded to a suite one time and still kept my FTTF - I would have been so upset if I was told that I got the same perks and ended up turning my FTTF back in ... I bought FTTF every cruise until I turned platinum -- well worth it in my opinion.

One additional point, Suite Guests do not have priority luggage delivery unless they are Diamond, Platinum or have purchased FTTF.

Last cruise (Liberty) we had an Ocean Suite. No we did not get a dedicated line @ GS desk - why would I need it? If there's a problem with my toilet I'm contacting my room steward. No we did not get priority tenders but then again we didn't go anywhere that needed a tender.:p

However, we DID get priority boarding AND our room was ready (part of suite perks). Oh and our bags were there too! ;) It took us all of 20 minutes to go from the shuttle van to the Captain's Lounge and to the ship. (Of course I completed all the paperwork online.) We were eating on the Lido deck by noon. When we arrived back at the port we were able to exit early and we were back in Orlando by 9:15 AM.

Suite perks were great for us! ::D

First - if your bathroom smelled up from a toilet you were unable to flush, you need to change your diet or see a doctor. Something is wrong.

Second - they were able to flush/unplug your toilet from the Guest Services Desk?

Seriously? Get over yourself!

You must be unique to have your body emissions have no smell at all. Wow.. what do you eat? Air?

No, they didn't turn off the toilet or flush it from CS, but a technician was at our door before I even got back to our room.