Divina v/s Splendor

lcookie

I am new to cruising but have learned that I enjoy it a lot. I am looking at two bookings currently. Has anyone here been on both of these boats? If so, which would you recommend for a family of 3 with a 9 year old kid. I am most interested in onboard activities and experiences for kids. Mama and I can have a good time doing just about anything, but I want the little one to have a good time too. She really enjoyed the kids club on Carnival. Practically begged us to keep going back. Both itineraries are good and the dates works too. MSC beats out in pricing with the kid sail free option. I really feel we would enjoy either boat but just want a heads up on the kids items.

Thanks,

LC

I am new to cruising but have learned that I enjoy it a lot. I am looking at two bookings currently. Has anyone here been on both of these boats? If so, which would you recommend for a family of 3 with a 9 year old kid. I am most interested in onboard activities and experiences for kids. Mama and I can have a good time doing just about anything, but I want the little one to have a good time too. She really enjoyed the kids club on Carnival. Practically begged us to keep going back. Both itineraries are good and the dates works too. MSC beats out in pricing with the kid sail free option. I really feel we would enjoy either boat but just want a heads up on the kids items.

Thanks,

LC

Our nephew absolutely loved his club onboard MSC Divina. He would beg his mom to stay,,,never wanted to leave!!! Here is a link to the acticities onboard for the kiddies,,,have a look and see if your little one might be interested in any of the activities MSC offers:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344379

Our nephew absolutely loved his club onboard MSC Divina. He would beg his mom to stay,,,never wanted to leave!!! Here is a link to the acticities onboard for the kiddies,,,have a look and see if your little one might be interested in any of the activities MSC offers:

Thanks. It looks like there is more than enough for her to stay busy.

I would say Carnival may be better for kids.

I have a nearly 7year Old and 9 year old who have sailed both lines and carnival wins hands down. That being said the girls love MSC too however with Carnival we couldn't keep them out of the kids club and with MSC we were lucky to get an hour a day in the kids club.

I have sailed on both of these ships with my teens. We had a great time on both, however, there is no comparison between these two ships. Divina is spectacular. It is a beautiful, new, classy ship. Splendor is tacky with ugly pink and silver circle designs all over. I do love Carnival (platinum), but I would probably not pick Splendor again unless it was a fantastic price or itinerary.

My daughter was 15 when we went and has begged me to sail it again (booked for 4/17) My son was 18 and had a great time. As long as you are going at a time of year kids frequently sail (spring break,summer, Christmas break) you should have no problem.

If the price for MSC is better, you should give it a try.