4-21-16 Thursday Weigh-In

MOcruiserman

Belle didn't post today so I decided to start the thread. But since I'm not her, there will be no entertaining poem to start off.

I stayed the same this week - 205. I only "cheated" a couple of times but apparently that was enough.

I hope everyone lost but, whether or not you lost, the key is to keep plugging away over the long term. If you keep trying, the weight will come off.

Well, my week hasn't been as good as most...

Thought I'd just pulled a stomach muscle last week, but it just wouldn't heal up until finally, Monday, I had to tap out and go to the Dr. One poke and he sent me off for tests and scans - Ulcerative Colitis.

So this week has been quite uncomfortable and the "side-effects" have me up 3lbs to 188 this morning, the first time I felt like getting up and trying to start life again.

As I google this and figure out what to do - apparently anything and everything I enjoy are now probably off limits - at least for the time being. So far, the yogurt and applesauce the missus got me last night seem to provide some relief - everything else I've been recording as led to a miserable result.

What worries me though is I'm on two anti-biotics but 4 days later I'm still sore as heck and it's hard to function. Scheduled for more tests next week - I'm 50 and have been procrastinating "that" test, but no avoiding it now.

Sorry to be a bummer to the thread, but here is where I've always come week after week, good bad or otherwise. I know I'll get this whipped, but man, it sure sucked the wind out of my sails for now...

I guess on the plus side, if I'm reduced to yogurt and applesauce, I HAVE to lose a little, right? :)

shootr - sorry to hear about all that!! Hopefully just a few days or so on the easy foods and your belly will get better.

Good job to everyone who lost this week! I am very jealous LOL

I didn't lose anything this week. 0 up or down. I guess I can't complain, I'm still in my moonboot and crutches so I haven't been able to exercise and laying around bored all day, I've been overeating plenty. :(

Had a follow up on my leg today, it's getting better and I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks. LOL

In good news - I BOUGHT MY WEDDING DRESS YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:p

Isabel

shootr - sorry to hear about all that!! Hopefully just a few days or so on the easy foods and your belly will get better.

I didn't lose anything this week. 0 up or down. I guess I can't complain, I'm still in my moonboot and crutches so I haven't been able to exercise and laying around bored all day, I've been overeating plenty. :(

Had a follow up on my leg today, it's getting better and I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks. LOL

Isabel

Sorry about your leg... but congrats on the upcoming wedding!! When is the big day??

On the mend, but bored as heck with salads, grilled chicken, applesauce, etc. But I'm so paranoid of eating something to flare it up again I'm just dealing with it for now.

Got out for a walk today though - actually a spectacular day for my photography:

018_zpsmeqqeirj.jpg

013_zpsz9i2xn7k.jpg

I'm guessing this is the alpha of the herd

005_zps6sbuomkd.jpg

Congrats on the dress score Isabel! I know I'd go bonkers tied to a moonboot that long - hang in there, maintaining is pretty good IMO.

Edited by shootr

Well, my week hasn't been as good as most...

Thought I'd just pulled a stomach muscle last week, but it just wouldn't heal up until finally, Monday, I had to tap out and go to the Dr. One poke and he sent me off for tests and scans - Ulcerative Colitis.

Sorry as heck. But now they know what it is and you can get properly treated for it.

Not that it's the same thing but by age 50 I'd already had my first hip replacement. Now, at 65, I sometimes think I'm held together by duck tape.

Isabel

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Thanks guys!

I'm getting married November 10, and getting on a cruise November 12 for my honeymoon! Hence the diet. LOL

We're getting married in Vegas and then flying to Fort Lauderdale to do an eastern Caribbean cruise. We've got a group coming with us on the cruise. LOL So it should be interesting

Isabel