The "Do-Over" Cruise

Yup, told my DD I will get us on a do-over-21st birthday cruise soon.

Weather wasn't very nice (chilly but not horrible), seas were a tad on the rough side (DD woke up in the middle of the night a couple times worried). Had a few other not-so-great issues, so I have to rank it at the bottom of our cruise list, but still glad we went, and will never stop cruisin!

Last summer, we were on Adventure, with an itinerary of St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Antigua and Barbados. We were rerouted due to weather not once, but twice, and the only port on the original itinerary we completed was St. Maarten, where we have been many times. Instead we got all three of the ABCs -- Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. No complaints from me! Our weather was perfect except for the final sea day.

While we were onboard, we re-booked the original itinerary for this summer. Same cabin type, but on the opposite side of the ship.

We were scheduled for a cruise on NCL Dawn a few years ago...As usual, I researched and researched, made notes, etc.

The day before the ship would depart, we intended to drive to S. FL to stay in hotel and park car there for week. I woke up early and checked CC..Saw that the Dawn was "floating in the sea with no power"! I was crushed.

Of course at that time no one knew what the story was and if our cruise would depart the next day...I doubted it.

So we decided to drive to Miami anyway. Enroute we get a call saying cruise is cancelled.

Spent 4.5 hours on phone trying to make new cruise. All we could get were 2 short Bahamas cruises and we had been there often. Better than none though at that point.

We did take a cruise on the Dawn the following year and it was fabulous.