World Cruise NY to NY: 1/9/06-4/29/06

PleasantProspects

Wife and I taking Cunards World Cruise. Awaiting first packet of material now.

Anyone taking all or part of the same sailing would like to exchange solutions to concerns, hold open discussion, or generally to 'know' someone when we board? Please respond.

We were born in 1936, married in 1956, worked in Maryland suburbs of Washington, D. C. and retired to the Delaware beaches. Look forward to hearing from anyone with information and/or tips for us; as well as hearing from folks that will be joining us on the QE2.

Thank you for your time and attention.

PleasantProspects:)

I will be doing the first leg of the voyage from NYC to LA. MY first time on the QE2 and I am looking forward to the cruise. I believe that many of the Transatlantic folks on the Jan 3 crossing will be doing at least part of the world cruise with you. Wish I were doing the full 108 days but unless my Powerball ticket for the 340 million hits this Wednesday I will have to settle for the first 14 days this year.

I can echo what Rotterdam just posted about the QE2's 2003 World Cruise. It was most enjoyable.

I'm looking forward to the 8 night begining segment of the 2006 World Cruise from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale. It will be my first time back to the QE2 since the Ft. Lauderdale to LA segment of the 2003 World Cruise. Each crossing and cruise is a unique adventure!

I trust trust that you will have a wonderful time.

Tell ya' what! If my Powerball ticket wins I'll pay your way for the full 108 day cruise.:) ;)

That's a deal. Always good to have two tickets working in your favor. But in any event, I think a drink to celebrate your 50th anniversay (if my math is still working) on my tab will be in order.

Unfortunately due to God's need for my wife of 38 years in 2001 leaves me sailing solo.

• 2 weeks later...

Did the WC NY to NY in 2002 and now going again in 2006. Friends I met on the 2002 leg from NY to LA are also doing entire trip this time.

If you have specific questions you may want to contact me at my e-mail address: crepidula@aol.com. Also see the Board entitled "Are you sailing with me" sub-titled "Other lines" and look for the world cruise listing for Cunard and QE2.

The WC was marvelous and magical. I hope you enjoy every minute as I did.

Archived